Rayzor Edge Tree Service - Cutter/Skidder Operator
Rayzor Edge Tree Service is a local, independently owned, thriving, full service residential and commercial tree service and logging business that focuses on serving the Tri-City and surrounding areas. Currently we are experiencing rapid growth; and as a result, are now seeking an experienced Cutter/skidder operator to join our commercial logging, and clearing team. The candidate MUST HAVE experience within the logging industry. This is a full-time, long-term position.
· Proficient at operating skidder, and skid loader, on our logging sites, and commercial tree clearing contracts
· Experience in direction felling for minimum residual damage in ‘selective cutting’ logging jobs.
· Experience grading logs on the landing for highest grade logs.
· Understands and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the management and operation of the logging site
· Understands financial aspects of each job assignment and the time assigned for the work
· Reviews scope of work and safety issues with the crew prior to beginning each work assignment, ensuring Health and Safety requirements including personal protective equipment are maintained at all times; attends safety meetings with crew members
· Verifies the equipment is in working order through daily pre-inspections. Also performs daily maintenance and cleaning activities
· Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards and that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed
· Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team.
· Minimum of 3 years of hand falling and chainsaw operation experience with chainsaw safety certification
· Excellent safety record, strong work ethic, a strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride a self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
· First aid training/WHMIS preferred (valid Level 3 First Aid ticket a definite asset)
· Clean Drivers Abstract - G license required, as is a good driving record; Commercial DZ Driver’s License would be an asset Be a diligent problem solver and can communicate well with co-workers and clients
· Mechanical aptitude coupled with strong hand/eye coordination
· Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and with minimal supervision and a proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
· Desire to participate in an organization committed to continuous improvement
· Accountable and dependable
Compensation & Rewards:
This position provides an excellent opportunity, long-term for the right individual. Starting wage is commensurate with skills and experience. There is an excellent performance incentive (bonus) package!
PLEASE put “Cutter/ skidder operator" Position” in the email subject line along with a brief cover letter. The application deadline is August 21st, 2020.
About Rayzor Edge Tree Service(rayzoredgetreeservice.ca)
We are small business committed to growth by establishing a new level of customer service and employee satisfaction excellence within the tree care industry! We are a hard-working team that dares to think differently while bringing a strong tradition of and commitment to providing exceptional, professional service and positive attitude to work every day. We provide a safe, friendly work culture and opportunities for year-round employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Please let us know if you require any accommodation or assistance through this process and we will facilitate this for you. Only those candidates that we deem have the experience and qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest!
Application Deadline: 2020-08-21
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Production Logging / Hand Felling: 3 years (Required)
- Chainsaw Safety (Preferred)