FULL TIME POSITION FOR A LICENCED 310T TRUCK & COACH TECHNICIAN - HAMILTON, ONTARIO (RANGE OF COMPENSATION BASED ON LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE AND/OR OPTION TO BE MOBILE TECHNICIAN)
Barton Truck Centre Ltd. is a full- service repair facility for medium to heavy duty trucks and trailers, with a focus on vocation trucks fleets with an assortment of truck-mounted equipment. We are currently looking for licenced technicians who are motivated by working on a variety of vehicles and equipment types and thrive when problem-solving. We value providing exceptional customer service and are looking for like-minded professionals.
Successful candidates must possess, demonstrate and excel at diagnosis and repair of older and current electrical, computer and engine control systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to: )
- Inspect, test and diagnose all vehicle systems;
- Adjust, repair, remove and replace an assortment of parts and assemblies of older and newer vehicles;
- Use a variety of current software programs and tools to connect to vehicles for the purpose of testing, diagnosis, reporting and repair;
- Perform scheduled maintenance of vehicles and equipment;
- Provide assessment and recommendation on repairs following diagnosis;
- Test and adjust, when necessary, vehicle settings and parameters according manufacturer's recommendations and specifications;
- Navigate vehicle-related software programs and use all features of those programs to most efficiently test and diagnosis system faults;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team member to produce results for our customers;
- Successfully perform assigned duties with no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner;
- Other responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formal training and certification as a 310T Truck & Coach Technician.
- Exceptional knowledge of diesel engines, vehicle electrical & computer systems and related mechanical systems.
- The ability to diagnose mechanical problems and write clear, comprehensive descriptions, inspections and reports.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning and driven by problem-solving.
- Experience with remote control systems and hydraulics is an asset, but not required
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract, preferably Class “D” (but "G" acceptable) and your own set of tools.
- Total Compensation Package of $31.50/hr up to $35.00/hr for a Licenced 310T (note: rates based on proven experience and demonstrated knowledge and option to be mobile technician)
- Group benefits plan with premiums 100% paid by the company, including health, dental and insurance
- Deferred Profit-sharing RRSP Plan
- Uniforms and laundry service provided by the company (including outerwear if mobile)
- Annual safety boot allowance
- Current diagnostic equipment and software subscriptions
- A variety of equipment to work on and learn
- A family-operated, flexible work environment
- Please apply with Indeed by submitting a current resume
- Only those candidates being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Total Compensation Package of $34.00 to $38.00 /hour when inlcuding RRSP Plan and 100% Benefits Premiums that are paid.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.50 to $35.00 /hour
- 310T (Required)