Revenue and Receivables Administrator
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Revenues and Receivables Administrator is responsible for the following financial administration:
- Exercise control and supervision (accurate recording & tracking) over all cash and revenue affairs of the Nation.
- Process receipt of payments and deposit in appropriate bank account.
- Review of agreements for program areas to ensure compliance.
- Provide financial support to Program managers.
- Perform variance analysis and report discrepancies.
- Expend and disburse money in the manner authorized by the C&C, Finance and Audit Committee and CAO.
- Manage local revenues and the local revenue account on a day-to-day basis:
- Prepare all financial reporting as required.
- Update & report to the Director of Finance and CAO in preparation for Council meetings.
- Assist in financial capacity development of the Finance Department employees and Program Managers.
- Ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to accounting systems and management practices.
- Provide backup, as needed, for the Finance Department for, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Critical thinking, paying attention to details.
- Significant use of memory and researching information.
- Computer use, Continuous learning.
- To follow the GNN personnel and finance policy and FAL.
- Other related duties as required by the Director of Finance.
- Business Diploma;
- Experience working in non-profit or fund accounting an asset;
- Experience working with First Nations financial administration an asset;
- Experience with Excel, Word and accounting software – Xyntax, Adagio and the Microsoft suite of products an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Must possess a valid BC Drivers license;
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal record check
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- 35 Hours per week
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Extended health and dental
- Matched RRSP contribution
5 days per week Monday to Friday 8 am-4 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person