Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Central Stores, receives and verifies all shipments for Central Stores and Campus Stores, enters required information on the respective computer systems, generates price labels, arranges dispersals to the appropriate departments or destinations including regional campus deliveries, determines and prepares returns to suppliers, expedites order deliveries and return shipments, organizes and maintains the receiving and storage areas for Central Stores and Campus Stores by maintaining inventories and files, sorting and processing mail and initiating Requests to Purchase for required products and supplies. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent. Over 6 months and up to and including 1 year related stores/warehousing experience. WHMIS training. Certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods. Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license. Lift truck certification. Must be able to operate a 1-ton Van.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and judgment
- Strong customer service skills with ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts
- Responsive to and capable of providing timely communication on all issues of consequence
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- Ability to monitor, recommend and take action on issues that may have operational implications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Must be flexible and able to manage a high work volume and conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office, SCT banner, Ratex and similar complex databases, as well as the ability to generate and analyze reports and to resolve difficulties with computer data input and retrieval.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Integrity & Accountability
- Student & Service Focus
Job Specific Competencies
Desired Start Date 03/16/2020
Position End Date (if temporary)
Temporary, on-call as work is available.
Not to exceed Monday to Friday (4:30pm to midnight), 35 hours per week.
Seasonal adjustments to the work schedule may apply.
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate $20.70 - $23.64
Appointment Type Support - On Call
Special Instructions to Applicants
The successful applicant will be required to submit a drivers abstract at the time of acceptance of the offer and on an annual basis thereafter.
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Employee Group Support