The Waegwoltic Club is currently seeking seasonal full-time and part-time Lifeguards to working during our fall season. Flexible shifts available and lots of time to study between rotations! Pay ranges from $16-17 based on experience.
- Supervise and observe swimmers at all times to ensure their safety.
- Enforce rules of conduct at the pool.
- Administer care to swimmers and members injuries.
- Check first aid supplies and report needed items.
- Performs required pool opening/closing duties.
- Maintain a courteous, polite and helpful relationship with all members and guests.
- Straighten the aquatic areas including chairs at the end and first of the day.
- Vacuum pool bottom; emptie automatic skimmer; skim bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use.
- Inform supervisor on duty of unresolved member or guest disruptions that could cause a safety problem.
- Maintain all necessary records determined by the Head, Aquatics.
- Attend all meetings as directed by the Head, Aquatics.
- Perform other appropriate tasks assigned by the Head, Aquatics, Assistant Head, Aquatics, and General Manager
- Current National Lifeguarding Certificate
- 6 months aquatics experience required
- Current CPR / First Aid / AED (Automated Electronic Deliberator)
- Excellent public relations, organizational and communication skills
- Team-oriented, enthusiastic and creative
Candidate must be available and willing to work in a flexible work environment including days, evenings and weekends
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- lifeguarding: 1 year (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- N.L.S. license (required)
Work Location: In person