Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an Analyst (Associate) to join our Real Estate Investment Banking team in our downtown Toronto office.
Raymond James Ltd. is one of North America’s leading publically traded full service mid-market investment banks, offering high quality investment products and services to United States and Canadian clients.
Our Investment Banking team of over 350 investment bankers across North America is focused on servicing the corporate finance and financial advisory needs of our clients. We offer a complete range of capital markets services with strong expertise in mergers & acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and syndication. Our advisory services include mergers, acquisitions and divestitures advice / execution, fairness opinions and valuations.
The Analyst (Associate) position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to gain significant business development and transaction experience in the Real Estate sector. Drawing on previous experience, they will have a proven ability to take initiative, will possess exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Specifically you will:
- Work closely with members in the investment banking team;
- Conduct financial modelling, various financial and strategic analyses, discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis and evaluate other industry metrics as required;
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis and industry research;
- Build and maintain detailed financial models and industry databases;
- Support the maintenance of the groups’ databases and valuation tools on an ongoing basis;
- Assist in preparing extensive written documents including transaction documentation / proposals, pitch-books and company information documents for business development and marketing purposes;
- Assist in transaction execution tasks as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you:
- Have an undergraduate / graduate degree in a business-related discipline and / or a CA/CPA designation; (BComm, MBA, CFA, considered an asset);
- Demonstrate an interest in Real Estate, finance and the capital markets;
- Prior relevant Real Estate and/or Investment Banking experience would position the candidate well;
- Experience working with Argus valuation software a plus but not a requirement;
- Have a proven academic track record of strong performance in analytical and financial courses;
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Possess quantitative and analytical skills with an interest in financial analysis and modeling;
- Have a highly motivated, committed and responsible attitude, with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and requests in a demanding work environment;
- Possess the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team;
- Are a quick learner with very strong attention to detail; and
- Possess exceptional proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg.
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application to join our team, please send a resume, cover letter and university transcript in a single PDF document, quoting the position and Job Posting 21-124 as soon as possible but no later than Wednesday May 12, 2021 to:
Raymond James Ltd.,
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Reference ID: 21-124
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent