If you love writing great software, enjoy the excitement and culture of small but growing companies, thrive in an agile engineering team and want to mentor junior developers, Bridgeline Digital might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Bridgeline Digital has an immediate opening for a Senior Java/APEX Software Engineer who will work out of our Woodbury, NY office or our Kingston, ON office.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and forward-thinking member of the web development community with 5 or more years of experience using Java and/or APEX.
You will work as a part of the R&D product team building new and exciting features and functions to enhance OrchestraCMS, our salesforce.com-native content management system, used by middle market businesses to Fortune 1,000 companies. You will have an opportunity to participate in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Document and test developed product functionality in cooperation with QA and technical writers, in-line with defined development processes
- Collaborating and communicating with Product Enablement, Solutions, and Customer Service teams to provide assistance in issue resolution for customers and partners
- Embrace Agile development methodology for providing fast and efficient delivery of solutions
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product
- Investigate and resolve customer and platform related issues
- Identify best practices for developers to follow to ensure robust and standardized solutions
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis for the Woodbury location or authorized to work in Canada on a permanent basis for the Kingston location
- 5+ years of technical & functional engineering experience with Java and/or APEX, Object Oriented Programming, Technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and supporting production applications.
- Strong understanding of relational database design concepts
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Salesforce.com administration and/or development
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I credentials
- Experience with Content Management software
Job Type: Full-time
- Java or APEX: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Kingston, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)