Medisen is the largest cardiology group located in the heart of downtown Burlington. All of our cardiologists are affiliated with Joseph Brant Hospital and together with our team of allied health professionals, we are committed to providing the highest quality cardiac care to our patients. Our passion is to help manage cardiovascular disease, our mission is to prevent it. To learn more about our company, visit www.medisen.ca.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven cardiac sonographer to work weekends and during sick or vacation coverage. This is a permanent part-time/casual position.
The Cardiac Sonographer will work alongside our team to perform adult transthoracic echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, and contrast echocardiography for our patients. The sonographer is expected to perform these tests in a timely, efficient, and profesional manner. They will be responsible for preparing a full preliminary report for cardiologist review and are expected to be able to correctly identify cardiac pathologies.
- CMRITO certification required
- Sonography Canada certification an asset
- ARDMS certification an asset
- Graduate of an accrediate diagnostic cardiac sonography program
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- Current CPR Level C/HCP certificate
- Experience with Philips Affiniti 70C and Philips HD15 systems an asset
- Experience with I.V. insertion an asset but not required
- Be hardworking and punctual
- Be mature and compassionate
- Be able to perform under pressure
- Be able to effectively manage their time
- Work well independently and as a part of a team
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a strong sense of responsibility to thier patients
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes and cover letters.
Reference ID: We have been fully stocked with PPE (hand sanitizers, exam gloves, medical face masks, disposable isolation gowns, and vinyl face shields) throughout the entire pandemic and remain so.
Part-time hours: 8-16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $34.00-$40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- On call
We have been fully stocked with PPE (hand sanitizers, exam gloves, medical face masks, disposable isolation gowns, and vinyl face shields) throughout the entire pandemic and remain so.
- Transthoracic Echocardiography: 1 year (Required)
- IV Insertion: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stress Echocardiography: 1 year (Required)
- Contrast Echocardiography: 1 year (Preferred)
- ARDMS (Preferred)
- Sonography Canada (Preferred)
- CMRITO (Required)