We are looking to hire a licensed auto body technician and/or painter for our growing repair facility in Kitchener. The ideal candidate will be licensed with a minimum of 5 years experience and definitely a TEAM player.
Candidates with knowledge of, fiberglass repair, fabrication, welding, estimating and painting are preferred.
Duties and Tasks
- Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed.
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and under-body components.
- Operate soldering and welding equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place.
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting.
- Mix paint, blend and match colors.
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
- Trade certification – 310B and/or 410N
- 5 years experience as a Body Shop Technician preferred.
- Possess a valid drivers' license.
- Proven abilities in automotive body repairs.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Shift - Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Boot allowance
- Group Benefits
- Positive team environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Auto Body Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)