Fort Dental Health Group is seeking a full time Dental Assistant to perform clinical duties to ensure the dental office runs efficiently and smoothly. They will work under the instruction of dentists and follow patient management processes and protocols provided in the clinic, while upholding the highest standard of patient care and service.
- Establish and facilitate long-term patient relationships, ensuring retention and loyalty by being empathetic and providing clinical excellence in the support of the delivery of dental care.
- Prepare dental operatory for clinical procedures and apply topical anesthetics and sealants as directed by dentist.
- Be aware of instructions for and be able to mix and prepare a variety of materials, such as cements, medicaments, bonding agents, and fillings.
- Conduct post-operative and post-treatment procedures, as instructed by the dentist.
- Use client-centered approach, always acting or advocating in the client’s best interest; educate patients on oral hygiene instructions, including brushing and flossing techniques.
- Communicate effectively with patients and work collaboratively with all staff.
- Adhere to current jurisdictional legislation, regulations, codes of ethics, practice standards, guidelines, and policies relevant to the profession and practice setting.
- Ideally, 2 years of experience. Applications from new graduates are welcome.
- Must be a Registered Dental Assistant in the province of Alberta.
- Patient services orientation with a desire to create a comfortable and caring environment.
HOURS OF WORK
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 7:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- A competitive benefits plan and salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with the Subject line: “Fort Dental DA – Last Name, First Name” to tsmith(at)cdscorp.ca. Please include your wage expectations in your cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dental Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort Saskatchewan, AB (Preferred)
- Dental Assistant (Preferred)