Umicore Precious Metals Canada Inc. is a leading supplier of precious metals products, assaying and refining services in Canada and the USA. The company operates from its facilities in Markham, ON. Umicore, a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council, also has ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety).
- Administer bi-weekly payroll and year-end T4 slips generations
- Administer benefits, group pension and RSP plan
- Serve as a consultant to managers and employees on employee relations issues, ensuring timely and appropriate resolution of workplace concerns
- Maintain HRIS system, records and process employee changes such as addresses, positions, salary changes etc.
- Generate reports in accordance to established criteria, schedules and ad hoc
- Assist in the implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbooks and policies and procedures manuals
- Assist in the recruitment of full-time and temporary employees including writing and placing advertisements, interviewing, coordinating pre-employment contingencies, extending offers and conducting new employee orientation
- Coordinate staff training, professional development and team building activities
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continuous improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Lead the joint health and safety team including all communications and monthly meetings
- Administer health and wellness programs
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in HR, Employee/Industrial Relations or related fields
- University or college degree/diploma preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Management or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislations
- Technical knowledge on broad range of HR & EHS aspects
- Good interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate at various levels within the organization
- Ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team- oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Teamwork skills and attention to interpersonal relations
- Proficiency using computer applications (Microsoft Office, Ceridian Insync, SAP)
- Very detail oriented, ability to meet deadlines
- Problem Solving Skills
Umicore is an equal opportunity employer. Only those under consideration will be contacted. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We will work with applicants selected for the interview and assessment process to accommodate accessibility needs.
You can check out our profile on the 2019 edition of The Career Directory:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- HR: 3 years (Preferred)