Job title :
ACQUIRED BRAIN INJURY (ABI) – LIFE SKILLS WORKER
CASTLEGAR DIST HLTH CTR
RELIEF FULL TIME
We are currently hiring a relief full time Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) - Life Skills Worker to join our team at the Castlegar Health Centre. We are seeking applicants who are personable and a team player with good communication skills, who possess at least one year’s experience with ABI.
Life Skills Workers play an important role in care. They plan, observe, monitor and report on clients’ progress and level of acceptance to services and support. They assist clients with activities associated with daily living and work to demonstrate and model appropriate behaviors related to problem solving and decision making.
Life Skills Workers provide structured support to help develop and maintain life skills related to:
- time management;
- money management, budgeting skills, how to access funds and other forms of available assistance;
- organization and interpersonal communication;
- personal care (e.g.: hygiene, routine);
- household management (e.g.: laundry, cleaning);
- menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation;
- using a telephone or computer;
- using a calendar or day planner to organize their day;
- community access (e.g.: public transportation)
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30-16:30. This relief position will run until the return of the incumbent.
Interior Health fleet vehicles will be used occasionally and a personal vehicle is required for days when fleet vehicles are unavailable. Frequent travel is expected as this position is required to go to the clients’ home to assist with all ADLs.
This position offers the opportunity to truly make a difference in someone’s life by assisting them in reacquiring previous skills to ultimately gain some independence.
If you have a certificate relevant to the position, experience with acquired brain injury and are passionate about helping others succeed, apply today!
- Grade 12.
- Certificate in a field relevant to the position (such as Community Mental Health Certificate, Human Service Worker Certificate, Social Services Worker Certificate, etc.)
- One year of recent related experience working with ABI clients or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License.
- Personal vehicle required.
** Please upload copies of your Food Safe certificate and Drivers License along with your resume.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.