Samco Machinery Ltd. has been a leader in custom roll forming and manufacturing solutions and has grown from a one-person operation to a global company. We provide solutions for building/construction, automotive, HVAC and appliance industries and have shipped our products in over 35 countries. Our customers have come to rely on Samco Machinery Ltd. for more than just custom roll forming solutions. We pride ourselves in taking the time to listen and truly understand their business to deliver functional solutions helping them to move their business forward.
We offer a team-oriented, fast-paced environment where our team members enjoy opportunities for growth! Our focus on getting the right people on board has contributed to our company success. If you enjoy an innovative work environment and thrive on delivering meaningful business contributions, then Samco Machinery Ltd. could be the right company for you!
We offer competitive salary & excellent group benefits package!
This is a full time position on the day shift:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00AM - 4:30PM
Friday: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- Clean and prepare surfaces for painting
- Mend visual defects of equipment and parts
- Prepare and operate paint booth and equipment
- Select appropriate paint and mix accordingly
- Maintain Paint booth equipment and a clean and tidy work area
- Transports parts using equipment such as forklifts, dollies, and cranes
- Must carefully follow all guidelines for safe handling and disposal of all hazardous chemicals and waste, including by not limited to the following; garbage, metal shavings, paint, thinners etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial painting experience including working in a paint booth and using a spray gun
- Ability to read, comprehend all codes and regulations, (e.g. provincial, federal)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team to coordinate work with others
- Ability to distinguish colours do quick colour changeovers
- Ability to use paint brush and roller
- Use of power tools, pneumatic and electric and hand tools
- Ability to take direction and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Frequent standing, bending, twisting, crouching and lifting
- Flexibility with working overtime
- Forklift and crane experience is an asset (Forklift and crane training will be provided)
Samco Machinery Ltd. is committed to applying the principles and guidelines of the AODA and strives to provide services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process unless undue hardship to Samco Machinery would result. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact via email and request to be connected with the appropriate HR Representative to discuss accommodation needs.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities, including interviews and new hire onboarding, will be conducted online. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect some delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times. For additional information on our adjusted recruitment process, please contact us via email.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Painting: 3 years (Preferred)