Job Description Summary
The position of General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the property management program including daily operations, security, specialty leasing, marketing and all related reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prepares, monitors and controls the Annual Operating Budgets to ensure that resources are utilized effectively, and operational needs and objectives are met.
- Maximize operating cash flows through specialty leasing programs and by sourcing potential local/regional tenants to improve merchandising mix.
- Manage capital planning through ongoing reviews of the building and all related equipment and improvements to reduce the owner’s exposure to irregular cash requirements.
- Ensure recruitment, development and motivational programs for all personnel with particular emphasis on department heads and administrative personnel.
- Management, through Department Heads, of administrative, marketing, operations, security, specialty leasing and customer service personnel;
- Ensure, through management of operations staff, that building systems (HVAC, Life Safety Systems, etc.) within the Shopping Centre are properly maintained to provide Tenants with consistent and high-quality services, all within budget guidelines.
- Monitors and approves marketing and specialty leasing activities within the Shopping Centre and make recommendations to increase effectiveness (ie. Increased foot traffic and revenues).
- Ensure tenant meetings and customer service programs are in place to document/respond to tenant and customer inquiries and complaints.
- Develop relationships with municipal and provincial persons and be the properties’ representative on appropriate committees and organizations.
- Foster relationships with local industry and BOMA members to maintain awareness of competitor activity and/or potential assets for purchase.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted with a view to securing and further developing owner investment;
- Ensure that all personnel are conducting their responsibilities in accordance with company policy and governmental requirements; including applicable Health & Safety legislation.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of retail/office management experience and relevant post-secondary education;
- Real Property Administrator (RPA) or Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation, or in progress;
- Prior experience with property re-development projects would be considered a definite asset;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; experience in managing a team of professionals, including employees and contractors;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Be self-motivated, diplomatic, innovative and able to accept challenges;
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs;
- Leasing experience would be an asset;
- Able to work in a ‘Team’ environment;
- Must be able to provide a clear criminal background check.
1. Financial Acumen
2. Customer Focus (internal and external)
3. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
4. Time Management Skills
5. People Management Skills
This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to HR@ca.cushwake.com or call 416-359-2596. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.