At Westcan, we dedicate ourselves to delivering complete, customer-driven transportation solutions. Since 1964, our team of industry professionals has worked to build a reputation for safety, on time delivery and unparalleled customer service. Staying true to this tradition is what keeps Westcan driving for excellence.
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, our JRM Heavy Equipment Technicians – Truck/Transport Mechanics are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and repair of our fleet of transport trucks. We’re looking for skilled technicians to support our truck shop with the ability to work independently and as part of our great team.
What’s in it for you?
- Very competitive rates including shift premiums
- Flexible work arrangements
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- We offer a wide range of other employee programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP matching program, annual bonus opportunities and scholarships opportunities for your children
- Referral reward payments up to $2,000 available per successful hire (certain conditions apply)
- We are a fun team and maintain a family like atmosphere
- We listen to your ideas and give you an opportunity to make changes
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety and lead by example every day through actively caring about one another
What you bring:
- Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician
- Previous experience working on tanker trailers is considered to be an asset
- Experience with B620 Transport Canada Regulations an asset
- CVIP or Class 1 license an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends
Call our Recruiter Nadia at 306-651-5426 for more information.
Applicants for this position will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. Applicants in consideration will adhere to company arranged health assessment and drug screen as well as criminal record search. External applicants should apply online on the Career Opportunities page found under the Join Our Team link at www.DriveWithWBT.ca.
We love diversity! Westcan is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent