Community Support Worker - Leeds and Grenville
Brockville and District Association for Community Involvement - Brockville, ON
Personal Support Professionals!
Are you tired of being rushed through appointments? Do you find it difficult to get to know the people you support? Is your day scheduled down to the minute? Do you feel your work becoming impersonal? Are you constantly traveling and rushing between clients, multiple times a day? Do you wish you had the time to support a person the way they deserve? Would you like to supplement your income?
Full-Time, Part-Time and Flexible Positions Available
We are actively assisting people and families to recruit Community Support Workers throughout Leeds and Grenville. Candidates would support a person with an intellectual disability to maintain and enhance their presence and participation in community life. In doing so, the Community Support Worker will support the whole person by maintaining relationships and supporting new ones, making a connection to places and opportunities in the local and broader community, offering rich hospitality to people, their families, and networks in their homes, as well as respect and support any personal care routines that may be required.
· Good communication and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· The ability to work a flexible workweek is necessary
· A Criminal Reference check
· First Aid/CPR Training
· Access to a reliable vehicle
Responsibilities and Duties
· Foster rich hospitality by helping people to host, invite, gather, and feel welcomed in peoples homes.
· Assist the person to gain and/or develop connections within their community
· Assist the person to develop and/or enhance their skills and abilities
· Assist the person to maintain and strengthen current relationships, as well as develop new ones.
· Support the person to make everyday decisions
· Provide any personal care support that is required, as outlined by the person, family, or other professionals.
· Assist the person to maintain or enhance a positive image.
· Assist people in the community to accept, appreciate, include, and welcome the individual.
· Be punctual and maintain interactions and appearances that reflect positively on the person being supported.
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$19.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Screening tools and protocols in place.
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Brockville, ON (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)