About The Company
Our company is a major manufacturer in the musical accessory industry.
Why Our Company?
We offer a broad and exciting variety of employment opportunities with ample room for growth. We also offer paid lunches and other bonuses.
About the Position
Our company is seeking a motivated and passionate Controller. For this role, responsibilities include the following:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University or College Degree in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in working with a fast-paced, results-oriented environment involving bookkeeping or accounting
- Flexibility in availability and work hours
- Strong ability to work under pressure and multi-task various priorities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year