Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Code Mobile Team. Join our code mobile teams in hosting virtual digital literacy workshops!
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, girls, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission.Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 250,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for an energetic person, passionate about tech and education, to join our team as a Code Mobile Education Lead
What success looks like
- We deliver an inspiring live-online educational experience
- We reach or exceed our learner goals across our programs
- We develop unique local partnerships and build our community of educators and learners nationwide
- Delivery of meaningful learning experiences with a primary focus on adults and a secondary focus of youth learners by supporting the delivery of live online experiences as an Experience Producer, Mentoring, and Lead Instructor in French + English.
- Apply facilitation and instruction techniques to establish a safe and inclusive online training environment for all learners.
- Support the delivery of online workshops and events as a mentor
- Maintain a list of suggested program improvements then provide feedback to the content development team.
- Use troubleshooting techniques to identify and address problems with software
- Speak with the media, communicate with parents and event partners and more, as needed
- When appropriate, supporting in community outreach and communications to develop online experience pipeline to ensure our experiences are accessible to our diverse communities of focus
Ultimately, this role will be shaped by the person who fills it -- you will help determine what strategies and efforts are required to get the job done. The position will require you to be organized, self-directed, creative, and flexible. We are looking for someone who has displayed strong interpersonal skills and organizational capabilities throughout their career to date, and who has brought an entrepreneurial flair to every endeavour that they have undertaken.
- You have experience in teaching adults, ideally in an online environment
- You are passionate about collaborative and inclusive learning environments
- You have experience implementing policies and procedures
- You enjoy interacting with learners (adults and youth) and are passionate about inspiring and teaching
- It would be great if you have experience with providing support to educators
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are incredibly self-directed, a fast learner, and need little supervision
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You have experience with video conferencing tools, like Zoom
- You have a basic understanding of Computer Science and will be comfortable teaching the fundamentals of coding (HTML & CSS, Scratch, Glitch, WordPress). Having more advanced knowledge and experience with Web Development and Design would be an asset
- You are fluent in French and English
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- You have impeccable time-management, planning and organizing skills You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the role and what it takes for you to be successful.
Work Hours and Environment This is a full-time, contract position with hours that vary week-to-week and day-to-day, relating to the programming schedule. This role is a completely remote position.
The duration of this contract is six months.
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
This role reports to our Community Success Manager!
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 7 vacation days over the course of 6 months
- Up to 5 Personal Emergency Leave days over the course of 6 months
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Science (HTML & CSS, Scratch, Glitch, WordPress): 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)