We are a fast growing Co-location, Network and Hosting company in Edmonton requiring a network administrator. If you fit the below requirements, please forward a resume with cover letter. No phone calls or in person visits please.
The position involves administration of a large wholesale multi-location network (primarily Cisco and Juniper) as well as a support role acting as Tier 3 support for web hosting, dedicated server and network customers.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and FreeBSD is required.
- 2 years of experience working in a hosting and/or data centre environment.
- Experience with data centre HVAC and UPS systems is a definite asset.
- An expert level understanding of IPv4 networking concepts is required. IPv6 is an asset.
- Cisco certifications are required (at least CCNP)
- Juniper knowledge or certs is a definite asset
- You must be willing to work in tandem with our tier 2 and 3 folks in a fast paced and self managed environment.
- After-hours on call support will be required.
- Programming experience to assist customers in resolving scripting problems would be an great asset (C/C++, ASP, PHP, etc)
- You must be not have a criminal record as you will require a security clearance.
- You must have strong spoken and written English language skills.
- Fiber splicing experience and/or certifications are an asset
Some benefits of working with us:
- A high degree of autonomy and self supervision.
- Very flexible regular working hours (except emergencies/on call), including the ability to work from home when needed.
- We will pay up to $250/m for a health plan of your choice.
- We provide a work laptop and will cover a portion of your cell phone expenses.
- Free home DSL based internet.
- An office in the heart of downtown right over the LRT.
- Substantial recurring revenue shares on new business you might bring in from your own personal network.
- A corporate culture encouraging learning and ideas.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Network Administration: 2 years (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- English (Required)