Bee Maid Honey Limited is the marketing arm of the Alberta Honey Producers Co-operative Limited and the Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Limited. Honey produced by beekeepers in western Canada is processed and packaged at Bee Maid’s Winnipeg, MB and Spruce Grove, AB plants.
Alberta Honey Producers Cooperative is hiring a Production Supervisor to join our team located in Spruce Grove, AB. This full-time permanent position will report to the Plant Manager and a be a leader who will promote a teamwork culture and successfully manage the daily production/packaging processes to achieve targets in the most effective manner. They will also ensure that the organization successfully implements and complies with food safety and other regulatory requirements.
- Leads the production team with regards to safety, quality, efficiency and consistent application of best practices
- Provides primary training for all full time employees
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Plant Manager to build and develop a production team that is motivated, energized and proud to be part of the company
- Provides technical expertise regarding facility and equipment projects and initiatives
- Promotes Lean manufacturing practices and trains/leads teams in continuous improvement opportunities (ie. 5S, Kaizens etc.
- Provides direction regarding job expectations, monitors and addresses employee performance issues quickly and effectively
- Performs annual performance reviews of all direct reports
- Plans and manages the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) to achieve production targets in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Reviews daily achievement of targets (KPI’s) and reports variances on the floor
- Supports and acts on Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Collects day to day production documentation, ensures its accuracy and timely input into reporting systems
- Is prepared to set up and/or work on the production line when required
- Communicates regularly with the maintenance, shipping, accounts payable, plant and laboratory staff.
- Monitors general production supplies and requests and/or places orders with vendors as needed.
- Hires, disciplines and coaches direct reports.
- Responsible for packaging materials and WIP honey inventory accuracy, as well as, shared responsibility for Finished Goods inventory.
- Participates in inventory cycle counts and month end counts as required.
- Reviews payroll data and submits information for payroll processing.
HACCP, QUALITY CONTROL, FOOD SAFETY AND GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES:
- Ensures policies (i.e. HACCP, SQF, Health & Safety, QC) and procedures (ie. SOP’s) are followed by staff
- Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in the area.
- Ensures compliance and maintenance of the food safety and quality plans. Implements all new changes.
- Provides back up leadership on food safety issues if the Plant Manager is unable to fulfill his/her duties.
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma (college education, preferred)
- 3+ years related work experience as a production team leader
- Formal Lean Manufacturing training with Certification along with hands on experience
- Working knowledge of HACCP and/or SQF principles (HACCP or SQF certification would be an asset)
- Possesses high emotional intelligence, with strong people skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change with some knowledge of change management
- Dedicated and hard-working with strong ‘systems’ mindset
- Strong team player and reliable individual contributor
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality
Additional Knowledge & Required Skills:
- Food Safety Enhancement Principles (FSEP)
- Safety Quality Food System (SQF)
- HACCP and WHMIS (AB) requirements
- Demonstrated mechanical ability (experience setting up and maintaining machinery and equipment in a food manufacturing environment would be considered an asset)
- Forklift certification
- Able to provide training, guidance and leadership to line staff
- Proficiency with computer software, including MS Office applications, ERP systems, WMS systems
Bee Maid and the Cooperatives offer a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan, company pension and opportunities for professional development.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply by emailing your cover letter, and resume stating your salary expectations by Sunday, November 24th, 2019.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- SQF: 3 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory/Management: 3 years (Required)
- Food Safety: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Spruce Grove, AB (Preferred)
- Forklift (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)