OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work along side with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
- Review, Research, and Return all Product compliance requests from customers. Examples include, REACH, RoHS.
- Deal with suppliers to obtain material certifications for REACH and RoHS.
- Customer contact to obtain or clarify end use information.
- Manage the item compliance program based on our ERP system.
- Necessary government reporting utilizing legal counsel as appropriate.
- Provide documented classification reviews based on customer end use information and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform periodic audits of exported items and employee understanding of export control practices.
- Provide Support for the registration, processing, distribution and filing of company product and process documentation.
- Register, release and file drawings and any changes as directed by the Document Control Manager.
- Assist with quality assurance issues
- Maintain and update OZ Optics program for compliance with RoHS and REACH
- Maintain and file the Master (signed-off) documents to the relevant departments.
- Maintain the CAD drawing registers.
- Maintain the electronic library of files.
- Data entry as required.
- Assist in internal audits.
- Post-secondary education, preferably within Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in environmental engineering, regulatory compliance and RoHS or REACH compliance (where accuracy & attention to detail are critical)
- Knowledge of CAD files, (Autocad & Solidworks).
- Knowledge of environmental compliance initiatives (RoHS, REACH).
- Aptitude for details.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word &Excel).
- Comfortable within a networked environment.
- Comfortable using CAD viewers.
- Proficient in the use of MRP/ERP systems and concepts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental compliance: 1 year (Required)