Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With its comprehensive product and service offering, Thermogenics functions as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ steam and heating requirements.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora ON and maintains separate sales and service offices in Chicago IL, Cincinnati OH, Houston TX, and Ottawa ON…and growing!
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable Administrator provides financial, administrative and clerical support to the Accounting and Purchasing departments through day to day management of all payment cycle activities. This role also acts as a primary contact and liaison with vendors. The Accounts Payable Administrator must maintain very high standards for confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Responsible for the full cycle A/P process including both inventory (e.g. parts, supplier) and non-inventory (e.g. office, property, sales and marketing, other SG&A).
- Prepare and review (for completeness, accuracy) monthly A/P cheque runs for all branches; continuously work with vendors to onboard into EFT program.
- Work with purchasing department to proactively manage the goods receipt documentation from Stores, understand the three-way match (purchase order, proof of receipt/ shipping docs, invoice), process on a timely basis and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Work with Purchasing Department to establish vendor terms and conditions (e.g. payment terms, order confirmation, delivery) that suit business needs.
- Monitor vendors in accordance with best practice (e.g. monthly account reconciliations, filing systems, calendar of deadlines), with special emphasis on most critical vendors; audit vendor statements to avoid duplicate payments and past due accounts.
- Manage and accurately execute all employee payments, expense reporting (including corporate credit cards) and reimbursements in a timely manner; maintain supporting documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Develop and maintain detailed spend ledgers (e.g. vendor name, product/service purchased, monthly spend, etc.) for all overhead cost categories (e.g. utilities, property taxes, rent, cell / office phones, internet, office supplies, 407, office cleaning, property maintenance, uniforms, etc.); works with (i) various operating departments to ensure budgeting needs are met and (ii) Finance to monitor spend and identify savings / sourcing opportunities.
- Develop deep understanding of the GL chart of accounts and apply across all expense coding including prepaids, capital assets, deposits, etc.
- Work with Finance to prepare A/P account reconciliations and A/P accruals on a monthly basis; perform various other month-end closing tasks as requested.
- Develop, maintain and monitor key performance indicators (e.g. days payable outstanding).
- Petty cash control.
- Other duties as required.
- Support vendor onboarding processes and methods to approve new vendors.
- Manage and update accurate vendor-specific information (e.g. contact details, payment terms, credit limits).
- Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to troubleshoot, find permanent resolutions for and respond to vendor-related issues (e.g. credit holds, overdue accounts).
- Assist in the coordination of requests from external auditors (e.g. EY, CRA), as necessary
- Prepares vendor-related analysis such as vendor spend over time (e.g. spend by part #, category, etc).
- Other duties as required.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or degree in finance, accounting, bookkeeping, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in an accounts payable and/or bookkeeping function.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven analytical and numeracy skills to investigate and resolve accounting-related queries.
CORE VALUES, COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISITCS:
- Ability to develop and maintain current best-in-practice accounts payable knowledge.
- Self-motivated with an ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Disciplined and able to work under high pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
- Well organized with an ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality in all areas of work.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to manage and balance the expectations of various departments throughout the organization.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation:
This position is a full-time role with a three (3) month probationary period. Hours of work are 40 hours / week as follows:
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Hiring Accessibility: We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounts payable: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vendor Management: 3 years (Preferred)