The Caledon Citizen has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, hard working journalist to join its team.
The position provides the right candidate with a unique opportunity to cover a wide-range of beats and issues across the Caledon community, including, but not limited to, general news, community features, municipal council, court and both sports and entertainment.
We are looking for a candidate that fits the below criteria:
- Produce between 10 and 15 bylines per week
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction, while generating original story ideas
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Canadian Press style
- Ability to upload stories to website and social media
- Willingness to represent the organization in the community
Some weekend and evening work will be required. A reliable vehicle and valid driver's license is a must to be successful in this position.
- A college diploma in journalism
- Hard worker who is looking to become part of a closely-knit team
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis
- Some experience in a newsroom setting
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)