Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Pharmacy Coordinators who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be
The pharmacy coordinator will oversee the operations of the pharmacy department, in collaboration with the Pharmacy Manager. Focus will be on ensuring pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are compliant with standard operating procedures, safe work practices, mentoring of new staff and scheduling. Designated narcotic signer in absence of Pharmacy Manager. The Pharmacy Coordinator leads investigations and root causes analysis of medication incidents.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Provides a single point of contact for staff and physicians regarding daily operational issues.
- Supports conflict resolution between staff, staff and physicians and staff and patients.
- Provides a comfortable, respectful, confidential environment for team members to discuss issues.
- Ensures the daily monitoring and reporting of quality indicators and data collection, proactively acts to correct and/or improve when needed to ensure clinical and operational targets are met.
- Serves as member of pharmacy leadership team with Program Director, Clinical Support Services and Manager, Pharmacy Services.
- In the absence of the Pharmacy Manager, serves as the primary Pharmacy leadership resource to support the designated Manager-on-Call or “backup” Clinical Support Services Manager.
What must you have?
- Current registration as a Pharmacist (in Part A of the Register), or Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists)
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) from a recognized institution; OR College diploma from a recognized Pharmacy Technician Program and a Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field.
- Hospital pharmacy residency preferred or equivalent hospital pharmacy experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience in acute care setting with demonstrated clinical pharmacy leadership.
What else do you bring?
- Broad clinical knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to coach and mentor a cohort of professional staff in their ongoing clinical development.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and with diverse communities.
- Commitment to maintaining patient, staff and financial confidentiality.
- Knowledge of hospital administration and government health organizations.
- Excellent ability to problem solve individually and within a team.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Effective teamwork and conflict management skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an intermediate level, as well as a good understanding of scheduling systems.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Proactive and self-motivated with an ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies consistent with position level (refer to Appendix).
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health