The Workforce Development Board (WDB) is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD). We are seeking a dynamic individual with strong communication and project management skills to take on the role of Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator will work remotely.
This is a fixed term opportunity starting as soon as possible and ending March 31, 2022 reporting to the CEO of the WDB. This is a unique opportunity as the incumbent will provide responsible support and execution in the development and delivery of the Edge Factor career pathways project for four local workforce planning boards in Eastern Ontario: Workforce Development Board, Centre for Workforce Development, Eastern Ontario Training Board and Eastern Workforce Innovation Board. This project is funded by Ontario East Economic Development Commission as a component of their Talent Identification Support Program funded by MLTSD.
· Contribute to and coordinate the development, implementation, delivery and promotion of an Edge Factor Workforce Development Community Hub for Eastern Ontario Training Board and Eastern Workforce Innovation Board including: obtaining local labour market information to populate the labour market information in the Workforce Development Community Hubs, coordinating the content for and populating the Community Profiles, and coordinating the content for and maintaining the Community Directory.
· Maintain, update and promote the existing Edge Factor Workforce Development Community Hub for Workforce Development Board (https://edgefactor.com/wdbon) and Centre for Workforce Development (https://edgefactor.com/cfwdon).
· Work closely with Edge Factor, the four local workforce planning boards, and employers to support the production and completion of local video content creation to be included in the Virtual Workplace Experiences feature within the Edge Factor platform.
· Develop a project work plan and monitor the project to ensure that objectives, milestones, deliverables, outcomes, timelines and reporting requirements are met.
· With the assistance of the CEO and Executive Directors of the participating workforce planning boards, ensure correct project funding allocation is in compliance with each organization’s financial management policies.
· Engage with community stakeholders in key local industries such as manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and tourism to support the local video production by Edge Factor.
· Engage with and build a rapport with local school boards to promote the local workforce planning boards’ Community Hubs.
· Work in collaboration with the Project Lead at Ontario East Economic Development Commission to promote project activities that are consistent with each workforce planning board’s communication policies.
· Perform ongoing monitoring and follow-up on delegated tasks to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met, including facilitating regular update meetings and reporting on website (Community Hub) statistics.
· Travel within Eastern Ontario is required as permitted by COVID-19 regulations in place.
· Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to the defined position responsibilities (Business Administration, Project Management, General Arts, etc.) or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
· Project coordinator or project management experience in a not-for-profit or public service environment.
· Evidence of exceptional interpersonal, stakeholder engagement, oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
· Evidence of research, analytical and report writing skills.
· Previous research and knowledge of local, provincial, and federal labour market sources (i.e. Statistics Canada, Labour Force Survey) is an asset.
· Knowledge of skilled trades and apprenticeships is an asset.
· Experience working in the education sector is an asset.
· Marketing experience is an asset.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Takes initiative and capable of working independently.
· Technologically savvy (awareness of platform development is an asset)
· Advanced knowledge of office support software including MS Office.
· Ability to consistently represent the Workforce Development Board (WDB), Centre for Workforce Development Board (CFWD), Eastern Ontario Training Board (EOTB) and Eastern Workforce Innovation Board (EWIB) professionally and in a manner that reflects their shared values and public image.
· Availability and willingness to travel (as permitted) within the workforce planning boards’ catchment areas in Eastern Ontario.
· Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Drivers’ license and a suitably insured personal vehicle.
For further consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by Monday, August 16th at 4 p.m.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for an interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate Applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).
Contract length: 8 months
Application deadline: 2021-07-26
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $25.00-$27.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Work from home
- project management: 1 year (preferred)
- communications: 1 year (preferred)
- stakeholder engagement: 1 year (preferred)