About the Role
Euro Tile & Stone provides carefully curated collections of porcelain tile, marble and countertops sourced all over the world coupled with exceptional service, expertise and supply chain to deliver an excellent client experience. We help to transform our client’s space to create the atmosphere, the vibe, the feeling they’re looking for.
Who we serve: for over 30 years, we have been serving homeowners, designers, architects, builders, retailers, contractors and renovators. You will have the opportunity to touch every aspect of the business and truly influence yours and the company’s success.
Between $18.00-$23.00 per hour
Dental care, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Life insurance, Paid time off, Wellness program
Euro Tile & Stone is looking for client detail focused Customer Service Associates for it's designer showroom. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the success of our client’s business, often working directly with business owners and retail clientele. Join us to be a part of our growing and evolving team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide exceptional service, consultation and customer experience to anyone who either enters our store or contacts us
- Build professional relationships with our B2B clients, many of whom are entrepreneurs/business owners, to become their resource of choice and positively impact their business success
- Provide coverage to assist with retail/B2C clients for technical aspects when necessary
- Receive, convert and process quotes and orders in-person, via phone and via email with high precision
- Proactively and professionally communicate in-person, via phone and email
- Teamwork. That means collaborating with other Associates and working harmoniously with other business units including Account Managers, Showroom Consultants, Logistics Managers, Operations Managers, etc.
- Have a great understanding of our vast product types and collections including continually and proactively familiarizing yourself with new products; this is in addition to the training we provide
- Understand technical nuances of similar products and be able to provide recommendations based on client’s needs
- Ensure client’s requirements are met, including timelines, inventory levels, processing orders/payment and communicating with all parties involved
- Provide consultation for complimentary products in order to cross sell
- Participate in events after hours that we will host or attend (not mandatory but encouraged in order to build deeper relationships)
What You Bring to the Role
- Previous experience in sales support, Order Desk or similar role in the building industry
- An understanding that the client is central to everything we do
- Professional, sophisticated demeanour
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and by email
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Mature, positive, friendly, courteous attitude
- Highly detailed and precision oriented. Accuracy in this position is a must
- Taking initiative to ensure understanding of a client’s exact requirements
- Able to adjust your style of communication and method of delivery depending on who your communicating with
- Balance all types of communication and responsibilities including serving clients in-person and proactively communicating by email and phone
- Proactively identify potential problems and taking care of them before they might escalate
- Able to use technology (ERP, Microsoft Office and specifically Excel, iPad). We’ll train you on our systems in your first week.
Nice to haves
- Other languages. We’re an international company. Tell us about any other languages you speak
At Euro Tile and Stone our four guiding principles are to treat clients like family, only sell high quality products we believe in, invest to have plenty on hand inventory, and hire people who share our passion and values. We are dedicated to continuing to offer outstanding service and care to each and every one of our clients. With over 30 years in the business, we have an unwavering focus on building relationships and our clients appreciate that.
- You get to work directly with other businesses and entrepreneurs, often as their first point of contact, so you get to make a tangible impact to their success.
- We have a strong commitment to our employees just as we do our clients because we recognize that our people are fundamental to the success and growth of our business
- You’ll get the freedom to express your talents in your unique way
- You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonus and benefits plan
- You have a high potential for growth and career development
- Our company culture is pretty cool. We have an international and design flair, with a fun, collaborative, caring culture and outstanding people. We’re also business focused and get stuff done
- We’re diverse in terms of culture, but also in embracing diverse opinions and schools of thought
- We offer continuous product training and enjoy sharing our knowledge with our team members
- We give back to our community in many ways and we love to have our employees participate in our charitable events
- We refined the experience of shopping at a retail flooring store and will keep improving
- You’ll have amazing hours for a position in a retail environment
- You’ll get to have a high impact on shaping the business as we continue to grow
- We genuinely accept feedback and adjust based on it
If you want to work with us but think your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please still apply. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Euro Tile & Stone welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and recognizes the importance of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We are committed to staying up to date with government regulations and recommendations to meet and exceed the health and safety expectations of our colleagues.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- customer service/sales support/help desk: 1 year (preferred)