WHO ARE WE?
Hi-Yah! Code Ninjas is the fastest growing kids coding franchise. In our center, kids ages 7-14 learn to code in a fun, non-intimidating way – by playing and building video games they love. Kids have a blast and can’t wait to come back. Parents are thrilled as their children gain confidence and new skills including coding, math, logic, and problem-solving, as they progress from white to black belt. Our core promise is, Kids have fun, parents see results. We believe in these words so much that it’s written on the walls in our center.
Our main part of the Centre is called a “Dojo”, our mentors/coachers are “Senseis”, and our students are “Ninjas”. HI-Yah!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Code Ninjas Oakville is looking for a Code Sensei to join our team of dynamic, energetic, forward thinking minds, working toward our common goal: providing a fun and safe learning environment for children. Our Sensies are the lifeblood of our Code Ninjas center. This individual oversees the day-to-day coaching and student engagement. Are you experienced in working with children? Do you enjoy teaching and building problem solving skills in young engineering minds? Have you mentored youth? This could be the role for you.
Training – go through the curriculum and learn it to ensure it is delivered in appropriate fashion
Create a positive and safe environment in which students are inspired and impacted
Work with children to determine skill sets
Delivering virtual courses and camps to Ninjas not coming into the Dojo
Deliver in-centre camps throughout summer months and on the weekends throughout the year
Provide feedback to parents after working with student who is on a tour
Follow opening/closing duties daily
Clean dojo throughout the day to ensure cleanliness is kept up to corporate standards
Report weekly to Center Owner and/or Manager on progress
Report daily to Center Manager with respect to day’s activities and productivity in dojo
- High School, College or University student or graduate
- Working history with children ages 7 and up (mentoring, coaching, tutoring, etc.)
- Must be patient and enjoys working with children
- Experience working with the general public
- Experience in teaching, mentoring or child care
- Works well with others; collaborates
- Reliable, well-organized and committed
- Knowledgeable about coding and technology; or able to quickly pick up basic concepts
- Must be fun to work with and like working in fast paced environments where requirements can change frequently
Part-time hours: Minimum of 3 hours per week during the school term.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $14.35 per hour
Mandatory temperature checks, mandatory mask wearing, washing of hands before and after work, HEPA filter in the Dojo et al.
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- working with children: 2 years (preferred)
- Minecraft, Roblox or other video game: 3 years (preferred)
- Coding: 4 years (preferred)