Job title :
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT CONSULTANT
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a Quality Improvement Consultant to join our vibrant team in Quality, Risk and Accreditation! If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities and develop your leadership skills, this is the position for you!
This position offers a flexible work location within the Thompson Cariboo region.
About the Role:
The Quality Improvement Consultant is responsible for providing leadership and expertise in the application of quality improvement principles, practices, and tools in support of clinical program priorities within the Quality, Risk and Accreditation Department across Interior Health. The Consultant promotes the integration and standardization of evidence-based systems and tools as identified, and in alignment with, the QRA Strategic Plan. The Consultant works with the Quality Team to evaluate goals and objectives identified in the Quality work plans.
The Quality Improvement Consultant may also be responsible for participating in serious incident reviews and providing reports and recommendations for action arising out of incident investigation.
As an integral member of the Interior Health Quality, Risk and Accreditation Department, the Consultant collaborates with health care leaders, managers, and physicians to provide leadership and expertise in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of improvement initiatives designed to improve quality of care, service utilization, safety, and risk reduction to produce measurable outcome results.
Some Key Duties may include:
- Provides leadership and expertise to promote a culture of quality improvement.
- Facilitates the integration of quality improvement initiatives that can be monitored and measured using reliable data.
- Collaborates with leaders, physicians, and staff to provide leadership and quality improvement expertise to local community teams in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of quality initiatives designed to improve patient-centred care, service utilization, patient safety, and risk reduction.
- Aligns and integrates improvement efforts with IHA quality service teams, programs, and networks.
- Identifies and assesses site-based quality improvement needs related to the integration of quality improvement methodology, evidence based systems, and tools within everyday work processes.
- Maintains, monitors, and analyzes quality data and supports the collection of this data.
- Initiates and implements methods of improvement aligned to the Quality Risk/Accreditation strategic plan and priorities.
- Monitors performance indicators across the continuum of care utilizing Quality management principles, concepts, tools, and methods.
- Works with other members of the QRA Department as appropriate to support the implementation and evaluation of the BC Patient Safety Learning System for incident reporting.
- Completes assessment of QI processes, ensures that standards are in place, and advises on changes required (e.g. compliance with Accreditation Canada Standards).
- Provides facilitation, coaching, and support to teams in the development, monitoring, and analysis of key performance indicators in alignment with other levels of reporting in Interior Health.
- Performs a leadership role in the integration of accreditation principles and standards with local initiatives. Coaches and facilitates teams participating in Interior Health programs, networks, and services in accreditation self-assessment, planning, and survey preparation and follow-up.
- Contributes to the development and review of policies and guidelines related to patient safety and the quality of care. Provides expert advice to leaders, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience
- Masters degree in a health related field
- Two to five years recent clinical experience in health care services required
- Educational preparation in quality improvement and patient safety
- Three years progressive management experience
- Or an equivalent of education, training, and experience
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – communicates effectively
- Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
- Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
- System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles, methods, and tools
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, presentation, and teaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to operate related equipment and proficiency in the use of computer software
- Must be familiar with quality improvement methods, tools, and software, such as Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint