Helping Hands is provides community support services to seniors and adults with physical disabilities. We provide a supportive work atmosphere, focusing teamwork and personal growth, competitive wages, mileage and paid travel time.
If you are looking for the opportunity to support older adults and adults with physical disabilities in our community and enable them to live independently in their own homes, then join our Helping Hands team!
We are currently recruiting a Finance Manager who will provide oversight to financial operations and accountability for the Organization. The successful applicant will manage 2 direct reporting employees and will be responsible for managing and reporting on annual budgets and Ministry of Health reporting:
Under the direction of the CEO, the Finance Manager oversees the company's financial operations and reporting including payroll, as well as conducts administrative tasks such as communicating with clients and supporting the Finance Clerk roles. They ensure that records across financial departments are accurate. They also provide information and support financial decision making with the Director of Operations and Human Resources.
The Finance Manager additionally oversees the company's financial reporting mechanisms, managing the financial staff to ensure that official monthly and annual financial statements comply generally accepted accounting principles. The manager also oversees accounts and cash flow, administers internal audits, and cooperates with external auditors. Administrative tasks include training new or junior staff, and communicating with funders, vendors, and consultants as required. The manager provides leadership through supervising, directing and evaluating the work of Finance Clerks and other staff/volunteers assisting in finance functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field with a strong emphasis on accounting and financial management;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or equivalent professional certification required
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a management position with responsibility for financial management and oversight of payroll and benefits administration
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices, financial analysis, and auditing
- Experience in the non-profit sector; experience with charitable organizations is an asset.
- Experience working with Ministry of Health and the LHIN, with an understanding of fund accounting an asset
- Knowledge of annual internal and external auditing practices and procedures with a strong understanding of budgeting and balancing all finances in a not-for-profit organization
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office, Scheduling, and Accounting software (QuickBooks and Great Plains)
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety requirements, employment standards, pay equity legislation, and the Income Tax Act
- High level of organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage and motivate staff effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with a Governing Board of Directors an Asset
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume or visit our website at www.helpinghandsorillia.ca.
Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
Application Deadline: 2020-04-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19