We are hiring casual Shelter Resource Workers – Vancouver
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a non-profit organization that provides caring, non-judgmental, non-sectarian services to adults facing homelessness. We go beyond traditional solutions to homelessness by fostering growth and change, providing innovative services and building collaborative partnerships.
We invite applications for casual Shelter Resource Workers. This position works within a 24hr, 7 day a week emergency shelter for homeless adults who struggle with a variety of issues such as homelessness, additions and mental health. The SRW provides intake, orientation and support for guests entering the shelter. The SRW will connect with public service agencies relevant to the needs of the shelter guest. Most of our employees start on a casual basis, gaining skills and experience while working towards regular full-time and part-time positions. Starting wage is $23.27 with a $2.00 overnight shift premium per hour, as per BCGEU Collective Agreement, plus 9.6% in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays for casuals.
You’ll be a good fit at Lookout if you:
· are client-centered and non-judgemental
· are respectful
· have strong communication and teamwork skills
· demonstrate flexibility and ability to problem solve
· Related Community Certificate/Diploma preferred plus one (1) year recent related experience
· OFA 1 First Aid Certificate required
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training an asset
· Harm Reduction/ Naloxone Training an asset
· A minimum of two (2) years sobriety, if drug and alcohol an issue Successful applicants will be required to complete a vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment.
Lookout serves a diverse community so we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and cultures to apply. Successful applicants will be required to complete a vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment.
For more information www.lookoutsociety.ca
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. ONLY THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $23.27 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Support Care: 2 years (preferred)
- First Aid or CPR-C (required)