Headquartered in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, KMK Capital Inc. is one of Newfoundland and Labrador’s leading real estate development and service companies.
Through our group of companies, KMK offers full-service residential and commercial property management and leasing, real estate investment and brokerage, commercial and residential development, project management and construction consulting. KMK owns state-of-the-art retirement residences and firms specializing in civil, mechanical, structural, and electrical engineering consulting services. KMK has played a pivotal role in many of the newest and largest residential and commercial/industrial developments in St. John’s.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Clerk to join the KMK Finance team. The successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller and will work closely and assist other members of the finance team.
The ideal candidate will possess a good basic knowledge of accounting, have the ability to work in a dynamic environment, while having good organizational skills. Experience in a similar role is considered an asset.
As an important member of the Finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of accounting tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bank reconciliations.
- Journal entries.
- Reconcile, analyze, and maintain various GL accounts.
- Preparation of uncomplicated monthly financial statements.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements to reconcile variances from budget.
- Preparation of HST returns.
- Assist with accounts receivable, collections and deposits.
- Assist with accounts payable duties.
- Administration support to management & staff.
- Other duties as required.
- Business diploma from a non-university program with concentration in accounting and/or experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly organized, conscientious, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
KMK offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-04-07