A career at TransLink and our family of companies means working with people with a wide range of skills and perspectives, all teaming up towards a common goal: preserving and enhancing the region's world-envied quality of life. Together, we connect the region and enhance its livability by providing a sustainable transit and transportation network, embraced by our communities and people.
At TransLink we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference in a vibrant city? At TransLink, one of BC’s Top Employers, you'll help make Metro Vancouver a better place to live, built on transportation excellence. Put your future in motion!
Provides senior level functional support, business analysis and system based analytical services to HR client group and end users across the enterprise on automation and optimization of HR Management systems in support of HR operations and business transformation. Acts as a liaison between business and technical teams translating functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Provides functional expertise and leads business analysis for the HR client group to identify and elicit business requirements, evaluate the current and future state business processes, identify and evaluate system based requirement.
- Liaises with HR Management to prioritize opportunities for automation and optimization in diverse HR functional areas. Develops business case and functional specifications.
- Develops and maintains close relationship with HR key clients to gain deeper understanding of business objectives, processes, and system requirement and proactively plans for system based activities.
- Provides user perspective guidance and subject matter expertise to internal and external technical teams, and liaise with key stakeholders and vendors to define, design and deliver the optimal technical solution in support of HR business processes and objectives with a deep understanding on the application technical infrastructure and BTS Enterprise Architecture plans and future directions.
- Facilitates the communication sessions with project team, HR client group and technical teams.
- Delivers system based analytical services to HR on a wide range of request on metrics and reports. Defines data standards and principles; supports the functional mapping for data integration and datasets; audits, monitors and maintains data integrity; provides data and statistical analysis to fulfill business requirements, objectives and needs; handles sensitive and private HR data in appropriate manner.
- Provides functional support to HR and end users during the system upgrade, enhancement, customization, troubleshooting and other related projects. Performs system integration test; supports or leads functional and user acceptance testing; designs and delivers user training sessions to HR and end users across the enterprise; oversees system security; defines and manages user access; develops functional documentations.
- Researches on best practices on HRM systems, provides advice on options and optimal approach to a wide range of system requests including system expansion and enhancements, customization, data requirement, statistics and reports.
- May supervise direct reports and contractors, including selection, training, development, coaching, performance management and all other related people practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The requirements for this job are acquired through a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science and Engineering and five (5) years of related systems experience in supporting and maintaining large corporate HR Systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Kronos, etc.) in a complex unionized environment.
- Advanced knowledge of HR Systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Kronos, etc.) functionalities, including query and reporting tools.
- Solid knowledge of the capabilities and techniques pertaining to HR systems and related database fundamentals.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills to provide advice on HR systems capabilities and to train HR users.
- Solid planning and organizational skills to address systems information needs of multiple HR functional areas.
- Solid analytical skills to address systems-based requirements and perform analysis on a range of complex HR issues.
- Solid problem solving skills to diagnose day-to-day HR systems-related issues/requirements and troubleshoot solutions.
- Basic leadership skills to provide full scope of supervision to reporting coordinator role.
- Solid knowledge of standard office applications.
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
Salary starting from $77,752 per annum
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Transit Pass and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan upon eligibility. Focus on your development through training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top right corner or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
June 15, 2020
Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca.