Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with experience in Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU)? We have an exciting opportunity for an Emergency Psychiatric Liaison Nurse at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. With over 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers dedicated to providing services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home health, mental health and public health, to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Providing care to individuals requiring specialized mental health services
- Administering psychiatric assessments and developing care plans
- Liaising with community resources to support patients and their families
- Participating in quality improvement activities and research
- Collaborating and consulting with Emergency Department staff and other allied health department providers to assist in adapting care plans to address psychiatric needs
- Developing effective nursing crisis interventions
- Being part of a committed multidisciplinary team
- Participating in the orientation and ongoing education of nursing staff
- Graduated from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent one (1) year related experience in an acute or community Mental Health & Substance Use setting
This role is a relief full-time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.