Arkon Solutions is a large-scale chemical manufacturer that provides innovative products across multiple industries. We formulate and manufacture hundreds of high-quality specialty chemicals while in collaboration with our customers, offering solutions to diverse and complex problems.
At Arkon, the people are the key to our success. We have created a culture of excellence that is fostered throughout the organization – from the people working in our production facility to our leaders. Our people are our experts and we come together to align with our company’s culture and vision. Our service of excellence is passed on to our customers in the global marketplace.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit www.arkonsolutions.com
The Research & Innovation Chemist - Stimulation & Production Chemicals leads and supports technical elements of R&I projects utilizing strong innovation, product development, and research skills to advance team and department objectives. This team member will work independently and collaboratively to design and execute technical projects and tasks from benchtop testing to product commercialization. This role encompasses all types of technical duties but not limited to scientific research, product concept refinement, raw material sourcing, product formulation, benchtop prototype development, experimental design, and analytical testing.
The Research & Innovation Chemist - Stimulation & Production Chemicals has the following basic responsibilities:
- To exemplify the Arkon Solutions Charter qualities of honesty, transparency, and respect within and outside our Professional Family,
- To exemplify the Arkon Solutions Employee Code of Conduct,
- To remain vigilant in ensuring a safe work environment for oneself and co-workers,
- To ensure all required training is up-to-date and maintained through Workhub,
- To ensure compliance to all corporate and departmental policies which includes ensuring all required policy acknowledgments are up-to-date and maintained through Workhub.
The Research & Innovation Chemist - Stimulation & Production Chemicals has the following specific responsibilities:
- Lead the development of various chemical additives and systems, with experience in Stimulation or Production chemical formulations.
- Conduct various specialized stimulation related tests e.g., Rheology, lubricity, surface tension measurements, emulsion tests, corrosion tests, etc amongst others. Prepare technical project reports, interpreting and documenting results, and make knowledgeable recommendations.
- Independently plan, schedule, and conduct work requiring non-routine judgement in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of scientific techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Demonstrate creativity and mature judgement in solving scientific problems.
- Demonstrate ability to improve efficiencies by reducing costs, investigating alternative materials, suggesting new machinery to improve throughput or quality and identify and reduce bottleneck areas.
- Provide field support when implementing new technology at customer site.
- Understand Arkon Solutions Health and Safety manual including all Laboratory specific safety procedures and policies. Demonstrate safe working practices, keeping the workplace clean and uncluttered.
- Write internal technical reports and contribute regularly through publications or presentations.
- Assist in the general operation of a formulation laboratory, including maintenance of SOP’s, training of other staff, equipment set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting, and the management of lab supplies and equipment orders.
- Follow policies, procedures and goals for the R&I group, product OA/QC and product development in the laboratory.
- Participate in customer/vendor interactions and technical discussions.
- Use input from business unit leaders and technical personnel to assess product and fluid systems requirements. Work closely with sales to help support customers.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the factors required to commercialize new products such as but not limited to production considerations, health, safety, environment, economics, compatibility, storage, and transport.
- Contribute to departmental strategy and provide input on potential lab requirements and improvements.
- Demonstrate proficiency with project management techniques in all job processes.
- Obtain and demonstrate knowledge of company product catalogue and raw materials.
- Apply strong analytical skills to translate customer problems and requests into laboratory procedures that will identify effective products and solutions.
- Adhere to ISO standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with chemical formulations for the oil and gas or chemical industry.
- Recent hands-on laboratory experience is mandatory.
- Knowledge of drilling and cementing applications is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Desire and ability for continual improvement and professional development.
- Willingness to learn from colleagues and share personal knowledge with others as required.
- Computer skills including proficiency in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Post Graduate degree in science from a recognized institution (chemistry or engineering related) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the chemical or related industries is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person