The Strata Corporation for this large residential condominium complex is accepting tenders from private business contractors capable of managing maintenance, repairs and daily activities of the strata site. The successful contractor must possess demonstrated initiative, strong organizational and problem solving abilities, excellent attention to detail. You have advanced computer skills with Excel, Word and Website management or provide a suitable candidate for the office eight hours per week. The successful Building Maintenance Contractor has excellent communication and reporting skills and is able to work proactively, independently and cooperatively at the direction of the Strata Council and Strata Property Manager. The Contractor must be able to work in a collegial manner with trades and cleaning staff to ensure work areas are clean and keys are secure at job completion.
The Building Contractor is required to provide on-site daily split shift coverage five days a week and arranges for open office hours Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings. The position requires provision of after hour and weekend on-call only for security, fire or water safety issues. The successful contractor possesses a truck and tools suitable for regular use to perform hauling, repairs and maintenance. The Corporation will supply the successful individual with a business cell phone, laptop access and office space to manage residents’ concerns and requests. An attractive contract price is commensurate with qualifications and experience as housing is not included and the Building Maintenance Contractor lives off site.
Level One Pool Certificate is mandatory.
Licensed Carpenter or Plumber preferred or
Proven experience as a Handyman capable of plumbing and carpentry repairs.
A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Insurance and Business License to operate in the Province of BC.
Proven experience monitoring boilers and HVAC systems.
· Ensure the site office is staffed between the posted hours of Wednesday from 3pm to 7pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1pm
· Maintain a schedule of all planned maintenance, repairs, and servicing and other activities that occur on a regular schedule i.e. parkade sweeping, fire bell testing
· Ensure pool and hot tub chemicals are maintained to Health Inspection Safety Standards and measure and record pool test results twice a day and make the necessary adjustments.
· Ensure that the pool area is kept clean and washrooms in the recreation building are kept clean and tidy between scheduled visits by the contract cleaner.
· Liaise and coordinate trades people for common area repair and maintenance and keep a visit records
· Maintain the fob and enter phone systems and resident parking lists
· Report any insurance/liability issue immediately to Property Strata Manager.
· Book and supervise building moves, including hanging/removing elevator pads, check for damage and ensuring building security is not compromised
· Ensure residents comply with building bylaws, initiate warnings and immediately report vandalism or other security breaches as appropriate to RCMP, Council and Property Manager.
· Complete building and plumbing repairs and do routine painting touch up in the common area as part of daily maintenance and repair duties.
· Carry cell phone and respond to major emergencies after hours and on weekends.
· Administer the booking of the Social Room by residents including handling of deposits and inspection after use of the Room
· Administer the booking of the guest suite including taking deposits, and arranging pick up and drop off keys and arranging for cleaning staff schedule of the guest suite.
· Ensure winter safety with snow de-icer and removal from ramps and entrances and fire exit and liaise with snow Removal Company.
· Maintain an inventory of all Strata Corporation equipment and supplies.
· Respond to resident/owner complaints (only relating to common property or an emergency). No in-suite assistance permitted.
· Assist with obtaining quotations as required at directed by Council or Strata Property Manager.
· Make twice Daily pool and entry door security inspections.
· Make once Daily inspections of locked areas including the Mechanical and Electrical Rooms checking to ensure pumps, motors, compressors, and hallway ventilation systems are operating correctly. Inspect all common areas interior and exterior and parkades.
· Make Weekly inspections of all buildings hallways and stairwells (interior and exterior), and deal with any problems or report to the Property Strata Manager.
· Record daily activities in detail in report format to Council and the Strata Property Manager
· Keep a record of needed repairs and maintenance and work activities in progress
· Ensure garbage rooms are kept clean and tidy including power washing on a routine and as needed basis.
· Have a vehicle capable of hauling supplies at Council request and moving garbage and recycling bins out for pick up once a week.
· Ensure building entrances are clear of litter and ensure that flyers are dated and removed on a regular basis.
· Maintain lobby bulletin boards and deliver notices, and minutes as required.
· Remove litter as required, power wash front walks, stairs and community foyer on a regular basis.
· Replace burnt out light bulb, adjust vacuum door closures, change smoke detectors, and do small repairs including filling, painting, carpentry and painting.
· Monitor visitor parking and arrange for towing of violators
· Check overhead parkade gates to ensure they are functioning properly
· Work collaboratively with contracted cleaners to ensure all interior areas are kept clean and tidy. Observe for any deficiencies.
· Keep parking areas clean and tidy between scheduled pressure washer cleanings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,200.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Building Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)