Founded in 1960 and a community leader in Ottawa, the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa (YSB) is one of the largest and most comprehensive non‑profit agencies serving and empowering youth in this community. More than 350 caring professionals work from 20 locations across the city to deliver a vast range of programs and services that support at‑risk youth and their families. YSB is a multi-service agency that provides services in French and English in employment, health and housing, mental health, youth engagement and youth justice. We work in partnership to develop, deliver and advocate for better conditions, services and opportunities for youth and families. We receive funding from the Province of Ontario, the City of Ottawa, the United Way, and generous private donors.
What we offer
- A values based agency that believes in and supports inclusion, diversity, accessibility and client empowerment
- A community based organization that provides services to over 2500 local youth and families each month
- Working in a dynamic team
- An environment that encourages continuous learning by offering professional development and training opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits and pension (CAAT) for eligible full time and part time employees
COORDINATOR, SCHOOL PROGRAM
Director Mental Health Services
July 12th, 2020
Full time permanent
Reporting to the Director, the Coordinator is responsible for the overall functioning and operation of the Francophone school based programs in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Youth Services Bureau.
Staff & Program Related
- Support the effective recruitment, orientation, supervision, evaluation & training of unit personnel and student placement as assigned by Director/Assistant director
- Ensure completion of annual employee performance review and work plan for assigned staff
- Oversee and ensure the smooth day to day operations of Centre Éducatif including the delegation of and coordination of essential daily activates.
- Facilitate unit staff meetings to assess program and client needs/outcomes
- Ensure timely preparation of staff schedules
- Coordinate all assigned project activities
- Participate in and or deliver public education on program services & issues related to youth mental health
- Liaise with other services within YSB and within the community and participate in meetings as required
- Represent Centre Educatif and YSB services at the Coordinated Access Day Treatment Committee.
- Support evidenced based approaches for the counsellors as well as a supervision framework.
- Contribute to program evaluation & service development including the identification of clients emerging needs within program area
- Contribute to Quality Assurance activities and reports and participate in research activities as required.
- Research and coordinate securing new resources, funding opportunities and partnership
- In conjunction with Director, works with Program Funders on program related activities
- Ensure safe working practices are followed as established by the Bureau and the Program
- Ensure compliance with Agency Policies and Procedures, Program Policies, Collective Agreement and relevant legislation
- Regularly scheduled, or periodical on call services may be required
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials to clients, partner agencies and community
- Oversee and monitor staff’s creation and implementation of treatment plans for the day treatment context as well as identifying and accessing individual and family mental health services within YSB or another resources to meet the needs of clients.
- Assumes case management responsibilities , treatment or re-integration plans and follow up services
- Provide direct clinical services to clients as required including admission/school integration and discharge planning
- Oversee Imminent Risk Assessment Protocols and ensure proper safety plans and follow up plans are in place
- Ensure all administrative tasks are completed on time and in accordance with unit & Bureau policies, including preparation of schedules, shift summaries, discrepancy reports, submission of payroll and approvals of time off requests and data entry
- Prepare reports & statistical report documentation or other reports as required by director or program funders
- Ensure both electronic and physical files are maintained and current within established guidelines
- Participate in the selection of staff with Human Resources
- Support the administration of budget & be accountable for spending
- Prepare for licensing and accreditation as required
- Maintain petty cash and bus ticket supply for program/client needs
- Maintain inventory supplies
- Maintain physical plant and equipment
(The qualifications are appended to the job description and are not intended to be part of the job description)
- Degree or diploma in Social Work or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related setting
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to assess client need for multi-disciplinary support or other resources
- Knowledge of evidenced-based therapeutic approaches as well as intervention strategies and techniques pertinent to the needs of the population served at Centre Educatif
- Knowledge of mental health issues in adolescents and experience intervening with teen presenting with behavioural issues
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of YSB Programs and Activities as well as Policies and Procedures
- Proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Oral and written fluency in both French & English is essential
- Availability and ability to work within a school calendar, , flexible hours and assume on-call responsibilities as required
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Experience working with budgets
- Knowledge of ministries, guidelines, legislations, regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of existing community-based resources and mental health services available and pertinent to the needs of the population served
- Experience working in a non-profit community-based agency
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to physically restrain clients when necessary
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
YSB values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.