Hammerhead Human Resources Inc. is currently conducting a search on behalf of our Client, The Dennis Group Inc. The Dennis Group Inc. is a Peterborough based consulting firm, specializing in providing strategic and philanthropic advice and guidance to not-for-profit and government agencies. Since 2001, The Dennis Group Inc. has guided hundreds of organizations to success by utilizing a fresh approach and smart solutions so that our clients exceed goals, achieve success and attain sustainable results that matter!
The Dennis Group has an opening for an energetic, highly skilled professional. Working in a confidential environment, the successful consultant will work collaboratively with clients and other TDG consultants to increase organizational capacity and community impact.
The Fundraising & Campaign Consultant will be responsible for providing strategic campaign guidance, establishing solicitation priorities, managing prospect lists, and research, developing and executing targeted cultivation plans, solicitation strategies for a range of prospects, and may include the undertaking of Community Assessment/Feasibility Studies.
The candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent with a minimum 5-9 years of professional fundraising experience with a track record of success and specific experience in total fund development, major giving and/or capital campaigns
· Proven success at securing leadership gift support and multi-year pledges
· Experience in researching, qualifying and writing grant and funding proposals
· Familiarity with using funding databases
· Experience in coordinating and guiding high-level campaign volunteers in solicitation calls and conducting follow-up and stewardship
· Experience working with all levels of government to access funding opportunities
· Experience in managing campaign budgets
· Demonstrated experience in producing compelling fundraising materials and collateral
· Computer fluency in MS Office, donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, other consultants, and donors/prospects
· Energetic, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, able to multi-task and work independently
· A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others
· Valid driver’s license and transportation is required; travel will be required throughout Ontario and it will be reimbursed at the appropriate rate
The Dennis Group is seeking submissions from fundraising consultants to provide professional services for a capital campaign. We ask that submissions include previous Campaign experience and outcomes, suggested contract rate. Examples of materials used for previous campaigns will also be considered an asset to your submission and will be reviewed confidentially This position is a contract position, renewable annually. The successful candidate will be required to sign a company and client confidentiality and non-compete waiver and provide a current background check.
For further details and consideration, highly qualified consultants are invited to submit their submission of interest information in confidence
All submissions are treated confidentially. While we appreciate all submissions, we can only contact those individuals selected to move forward in the process.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities.
Accommodation will be provided as part of our selection process (if accommodation is required, consultants are requested to make their needs known in advance).
Job Type: Contract
- Fundraising: 5 years (Required)