Currently operating on five continents, the LCI Education Network has 23 higher education campuses and some 3,000 employees who train more than 17,000 students around the world every year. From one country to another, LCI Education prioritizes the harmonization of its programs, which allows for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services and a deeper respect for the various cultures it serves.
The company’s rapid and sustained growth has created some tremendous opportunities! Here is your opportunity to join a growing global organization and leader in its industry, based in Quebec. You would be joining a dynamic, compassionate and united team in a company whose main objective is to enable people to reach their full potential. This is your chance to shine, to grow and broaden your horizons.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare monthly financial statements:
Analysis of monthly financial statements:
- Prepare and transmit invoices/statements;
- Coordinate with accounts payable department the supplier invoices and employee’s expense accounts;
- Analyze and prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly government remittance reports.
Year end process:
- Analyze the various monthly General Ledger accounts (assets, liabilities, income and expenses);
- Analyze, reconcile and verify accounts receivable and payable;
- Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the various accounting and management systems used to process transactions within the prescribed timeframes;
- Maintain and improve the necessary internal controls of all processes under its responsibility;
- Monitor the entity's free cash flow.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual audit file;
- Produce and generate monthly and year-end accounting analyses;
- Prepare and analyze transactions between related entities in terms of accounts payable/receivable, advance/due, income and expenses;
- Carry out the necessary internal controls of all the processes under his responsibility;
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and the proper accounting of revenues and corporate expenses according to company policies and see to their dissemination and application by all stakeholders;
- Ensure the complete follow-up of the accounting, control and monitoring of the management of revenues and expenses.
- Analyze the transactions carried out in the student management system to transfer the financial journals into the company's accounting system.
The candidate will be responsible for the LAB and Global Admissions division.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience with the position;
- Experience working in service organization;
- Good knowledge of accounting systems, ideally Sage (asset);
- Advanced level in Excel;
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written);
- Accounting designation CPA (an asset).
The chosen person must be structured, efficient, needs to be able to handle a high volume of work. Also, in his or her role as an Assistant Controller, the chosen candidate will have to demonstrate an analytical mind and a high degree of rigor. We are looking for a positive and versatile individual who is comfortable communicating with managers and internal clients as a resource when necessary.
- International company that has been established for more than 60 years;
- Network in constant growth;
- Full-time permanent position;
- Competitive salary;
- Ongoing training program;
- Workplace daycare;
- Group insurance, including EAP and telemedicine;
- Retirement savings plan;
- Progressive telework policy;
- Health and wellness program (including yoga and cooking classes);
- Located in downtown Montreal, ideal for users of public transit.
Do you want to contribute to innovative projects in collaboration with teams from all sectors? Do you dream of working for a Quebec-based company with a worldwide reputation? Would you like to join a diversified and compassionate team that has its eye on the future? What are you waiting for?
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted. We subscribe to an equal access to employment program.