JD Norman Industries, Inc. is a diversified manufacturer of metal components and systems with operations in North America and Europe. JD Norman is a leader in the manufacturing of highly engineered product including formed, machined and cast metals. The company serves major original equipment manufacturers of automotive, industrial and transportation products.
The Millwright is responsible for maintaining all equipment as per company standard and must be responsive to line calls and equipment failures. The Millwright routinely performs work independently and must be able to work in an environment with many distractions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing their duties in an efficient manner.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics applicable to the trade.
- Know and understand process documentation and customer specific requirements, as they relate to the job function.
- Establish and follow-up project implementation, including timing, concept, feasibility, design, specifications, construction and commissioning, as required.
- Provide support in troubleshooting, repairing and making system improvements, to ensure quality and efficiencies within the department.
- Identify root cause of equipment failures and follow-up on feasibility of modifications.
- Analyze, record, chart and maintain all documentation for maintenance records, projects and departments.
- Participate in cross-functional training (multi-skilling) activities related to other trades, within the organization.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving results.
- Perform preventative maintenance to defined schedules.
- Assist and support in all other technical areas, where required.
- Ensure all operator safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations.
- Maintain a clean and environmentally safe workshop and production lines.
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Safety, Quality and Environment programs (ie. TS16949, ISO14001).
- The employee is expected to perform other duties as assigned by management and/or necessary for the effective operation of the department or plant.
- Assists in other areas of Plant Operations as required.
- Help keep warehouse clean.
- Ontario Certificate of Qualification in the required field – Millwright.
- Must have a lift truck and/or manual lift certification.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated knowledge of basic electrical and machining (mills, lath and grinders) experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use measuring instruments (micrometers, Verniers and calipers).
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulics / pneumatics, pumps, gear boxes, bearing, seals and alignment of couplings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of rigging and welding.
- Demonstrated knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent safety and quality record required.
- Ability to adapt to change in a constantly changing environment.
- Reports to Maintenance Manager and/or Production Supervisor
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Millwright: 1 year (Required)
- Millwright (Preferred)