Running Deer Resources is a firm that specializes in Indigenous Engagement, building strategies between Indigenous communities and industry as they seek to maximize opportunities and protect interests in a mutually beneficial relationship. Running Deer Resources is hiring a creative and resourceful Social Media Specialist to join their team.
In this role you will work directly with the Business Development and Marketing to drive stakeholder growth and value through social media engagement. You will help build brand awareness by generating creative marketing/social media initiatives and new promotion ideas.
Who we are looking for:
- You are a social media practitioner with insight into the differences and advantages of each social platform including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn
- You have experience in creating consistent brand presence – voice, visuals and identity across various platforms
- You have an aptitude for different approaches required to target specific demographics through content creation and execution on each platform.
- Support the leadership team in engagement with local stakeholders and communities to promote the Working Warriors employment initiative.
- Create consistent posts targeted at specific audiences and demographics on each social platform
- Building and engaging with social media communities
- Working with business development and marketing to execute content and advertising initiatives
- Documenting, tracking and measuring performance on social media channels
- Ability to report metrics for content that generates impressions and engagement across different social media channels
- Develop videos or take photos to be used on social media site, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 -3 years of proven experience working in the social media ecosystem and infrastructure
- Post-secondary education: Diploma or Certificate in Social Media Marketing
- Experience or training in Graphic Design and creating marketing materials is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing and social media platforms, with recommendations on how to utilize them in complimentary ways to create effective campaigns
- Highest level of attention to detail and the importance of distributing accurate content
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- The ability to think and write creatively, along with exemplifying superior writing skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Have a great attitude, a proven self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
Running Deer Resources is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging role with the opportunity to make a positive impact, then Running Deer Resources is your best career choice!
Please apply directly through Indeed with a cover letter and resume, that clearly indicates how you meet the above noted qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)