BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Specialist (24 month term)
We are recruiting for an Engineering Specialist (24 month term) for our facility in Kanata, Ontario.
Working within the Engineering team, you will assist in troubleshooting, process optimization and continuous improvements across manufacturing operations in Kanata, Ontario.
- Independently conduct and modify current practices and procedures to reflect business needs.
- Design mechanical equipment and systems used in manufacturing in accordance with good engineering design practices.
- Plan and execute activities to ensure project goals are met.
- Commissioning of new processes, products, equipment and facilities.
- Provide technical advice as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 to 10 years of specifically related experience including experience with SolidWorks and computational methods for stress, thermal and flow analyses.
- Experience with Current Good Manufacturing Practices, including IQ/OQ/PQ, Validation Development, and root cause analysis.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, facility equipment and tool design, PLC’s and related computer systems would be an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and workload prioritization skills.
- Professional Engineer Certification in Ontario, or eligibility for the same.
BWXT ITG Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.