Agriculture Customer Service Representative:
Providence Grain Solutions is seeking a Agriculture Customer Service Representative (CSR) for our Viking location in Alberta.
Why work for us?
Working at Providence Grain Solutions opens the door to vast opportunities: being involved in decision making, being inspired by your team to do your best work, learn and grow, come up with new ideas, feeling proud of your personal accomplishments and being valued by the company.
We are the company who hears the voice and ideas of each employee and we are proud to do so.
We currently have an opportunity for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Viking, AB.
CSR contributes to the overall success of our customers and our business: you are the one who our customers rely on during harvest.
You will work under the direction of the Location Operations Manager, work closely with the Sales team, Area Merchant and elevator operations. You will perform a variety of tasks in the field of Grain Procurement: developing a strong customer base within a geographical area, processing of customer grain contracts in an accurate and timely manner, help with the business planning, helping customers market their grain, and manage risk.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Related post-secondary education in Agriculture or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of Grain Industry experience
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and prospects, build customer relationships and close sales
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Purchase grain and coordinate the logistics of grain movement
- Manage a client base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales, financial and operating targets
- Maintain /record of customer profiles, actively seek out and gain new customers
- Maintain strong customer relationships with current and potential future customers
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within approved credit policy, and perform collection functions as required
- Analyze current and future agricultural trends and service needs, help customers make farm production and marketing decisions
What We Offer:
- Excellent compensation plan
- Medical/ dental benefits
- Profit sharing plan
- Career development opportunities
- Casual, but professional environment
- Good work-life balance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- agriculture: 1 year (Required)