AchenHenderson is looking for a full-time senior Customer Experience Lead (“C.E.L.”) who is comfortable with privatecompany accounting project management, process / system design and business owner engagement.
As our C.E.L., you will lead our Managed Financial Services department (described below) and coordinate with our professional teams to ensure that our customers experience exemplary service and satisfaction, and that our deliverables are timely. You will immerse yourself with a variety of private company owners to determine their goals and objectives. This role is highly engaging and highly interactive.
You will have the ongoing support of all AH resources, including our various professional teams, in order to build solutions that help our customers succeed. Extensive accounting experience is not required as you are not expected to engage in bookkeeping, accounting or tax work, however a basic accounting knowledge and the ability to read and interpret financial results is a plus so that you can communicate effectively with our customers.
Salary, wages, benefits and bonus are determined by your experience and fit. Allour Stakeholders are paid near the top 5% in their respective areas of expertise.
Who are we and why do we exist?
AchenHenderson (“AH”) is a cutting edge, fast growing and well-established business success and professional services firm. We hire self-managed, highly motivated individuals who embodyour shared Vision and Mission. AchenHenderson deploys an innovative combination of technology and professional services that is unique in Canada. We offer flexibly and remote work opportunities, broad professional growth potential, profit sharing and benefits.
AH is a leading-edge technology based financial services firm. We are tier 1 service providers and we’re here to help entrepreneurs and business leaders build great companies.
We believe that business leaders should have support to allow them to focus on the future and on increasing the value of their company. We believe that precise and immediate financial results, insights and guidance are critical for business leaders to realize their potential. We believe that technology is best suited to quickly and accurately capture and process data; and that people should be engaged in data entry as little as possible.
We believe in matching our destiny to our client’s successes which is why we charge based on value, not based on time.
We see problems as opportunities, and we say “no” to working with companies who do not share our Vision so that we can give the ones that do our focus.
We believe that our sum is greater than any one of us and that, together, we will increase the rate of private company success.
We deliver custom Managed Financial Services; we become our client’s virtual finance department.
We engage in mindful collaboration with our clients so that we can understand their goals and objectives. We form strategic alliances for our clients to ensure growth and opportunity.
We give business leaders the tools, information,and guidance they need to thrive, grow revenues, manage costs, make more informed decisions, and focus on what matters the most – their customers.
Our Core Values
- Timeliness: We are on time with all deliverables.
- Accountability: We hold each other accountable to our core values and the quality of our work.
- Transparency: We are open and honest at all timeswith ourselves, our Clients,and our Vendors.
- Leadership: We think and act like leaders every day, in every decision we make.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do.
- Collaboration: We operate together, with our Clients, as a single coordinated effort that creates Value.
What are Managed Financial Services?
AH manages and oversees the integrated and seamless combination of technology, strategic alliances, and in-house expertise to provide our clients with a high-performance virtual finance department. We package these services together and charge a flat monthly fee that is based on the value that we create for our customers. We provide up-to-date information to business leaders about their companies, in easy to understand terms, so that they can make more informed decisions. We call this “Managed Financial Services”.
AH’s Managed Financial Services include:
- Full cycle accounting and reporting
- Real-time, always up-to-date, accurate bookkeeping
- Yearend financial statement and tax return preparation
- Human Resource solutions: payroll, direct deposits, government remittances, ROEs,and year end T-Slip preparation
- Accounts Receivable collection and monitoring
- Accounts Payable management and payment
- Expense report management
- Executive (‘C-Suite’) Services including:
- Budgets, Forecasts,and KPI development and tracking
- Advanced Management reporting
- Business value analysis, value gap planning, and value creation tools and training
- Culture analysis and planning
- Leadership training
- Process mapping and custom process development
- Software research and deployment
Job Description – Customer Experience Leader (C.E.L.)
A C.E.L. and their team are our Managed Financial Service customer’s primary point of contact at AH. They take personal responsibility to ensure that the customer is receiving the services they need from AH at exactly the right time and they hold our customers accountable to our requirements to ensure the best customer experience possible. C.E.L.s are customer servicepeople with an unwavering focus on our customer’s experience and our firm’s delivery model.
Ethos and S*kills of a C.E.L.*
- Extremely focused on customer service and our customer’spositive experience with us;
- Highly proficient communicator, able to hold our customers accountable to their required tasks;
- Team player and capable collaborator who can understand what our customers need and then coordinate with the correct AH professional teams and strategic alliances to deliver results;
- Leader who can coordinate projects and do what it takes to move projects forward;
- Hasa high capacity for learning, retention and logic. Our C.E.L. must become familiar with complex business systems and several software solutions very quickly;
- Self-starter who will get comfortable with our existing systems quickly, and use their autonomy to transform and improve systemsto improve our customer’s experience;
- Comfortable with Cloud computing;will work in an entirely SaaS based environment– and will help our customers do the same;
- A basic understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting; extensive accounting experience is not required.
Job requirement – Onboarding
The C.E.L.’s role beginswith onboarding a customer into AH’s Managed Financial Services. This is the most important phase of our relationship with new customers. Onboarding requires a Leader who can manage projectsand manage customer’s expectations and hold them accountable to agreed timelines. As our customer base grows, a C.E.L. will be expected to build out their team to accommodate that growth.
(Note that accounting work – including General Ledger setup, bookkeeping, and tax – is performed by professional teams and not the C.E.L. Your role is to coordinate this work with the professional teams on behalf of our customers).
A customer onboarding might look something like this:
Week 1 – customer discovery
- Meet in person with the new customer and a member of the professional team to define the basic requirements of the customer’s newautomated accounting system;
- Coordinate and facilitate follow up meetingsbetween AH professional staff and the customer in order to gain a deep understanding of any complex business issues and special reporting requirements;
- Define and schedule the implementation phases (including completion milestones and accountability metrics) for onboarding the new customer;
- Communicate the schedule,milestones, and metrics with the customer and the AH professional team;
- Work with the AH professional team to develop information requests for the customer to ensure a smooth onboarding experience. Deliver the information requests to the customer online and in-person (as necessary);
- Offer support and assistance to customersto help them satisfy these information requests in a timely manner;
- Manage customer expectations by regularly following up with them.
Week 2 – activation and coordination
- Activate and integrate accounting software;
- Create credentials library for customers and for AH professional team;
- Hold customers accountableto onboarding timelines and information requests by following up and offering support as often as required;
- Coordinate with and deploy AH bookkeeping teamfor any accounting specific setup or catch-up required;
- Customize the customer’s Financial Hub (AH branded communication and information hub for Managed Financial Services), along with recurring customer tasks, events calendar, document repository etc…;
- Manage customer expectations by regularly following up with them.
Week 3 – follow up and manual design
- Hold customers accountableto the onboarding timelines and information requests by following up and offering support as often as required;
- Coordinate with the professional staff to design the customer’s accounting system user manualfor customer training;
- Manage customer expectations by regularly following up with them;
- Setup recurring workflows and assignments in our workflow management software.
Week 4 – go-live and education
- Teach customers how to use their new Managed Financial system, including presenting specific instructions and frequencies for tasks we need customers to perform going forward (ex: approve payroll, submit expenses, etc…);
- Arrange monthly check-ins going forward.
Job requirement – Ongoing
Once the system is developed and deployed, the C.E.L. ensuresthat all aspects of the system are running smoothly and holdsthe customer accountable for information requests by the AH professional team in order for them to carry out their duties.
Ongoing work might include:
- Be aware of and discuss ongoing business issues with our customers (at least monthly), offering them access to AH resources and/or other support as needed and when needed;
- Identify opportunities for customer growth, and coordinate AH resourcesto secure opportunities;
- Monitor and repair software integrations;
- Ensure customer accountability;
- Review customer’s payroll runs for accuracy (as needed);
- Ensure that all AH deliverables are provided to the customer in their Financial Hub in a timely manner;
- Hold the AH professional teams accountable to customer deliverables and timelines;
- Coordinate the preparation of the yearend financial statements and tax returns with our compliance team.
AH has well established and documented process maps for all internal functions. We use a comprehensive workflow management suite to keep track of ongoing work and to notify us of upcoming work. We offer comprehensive, on the job training to get youup to speed with our systems and youjob requirements.
Managed Financial Services is a new service which we have spent a good amount of time building and documenting. You will start with the systems that we’ve built and the lessons that we’ve learned and make the role your own with a focus on the customer’s positive experience. Youare expected to participate in refining existing systems and designing new ones in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience for our customers.
Although it is not a requirement, you are encouraged to participate in sales and marketing. We offer commission to any Stakeholder who organically secures new business for AH.
AH is a participation age company. All AH Stakeholders are accountable to all other AH Stakeholders and, of course, to our customers. You are expected to provide regular (at least bi-weekly) progress reports as to the status and progress of your work to the entire team during team check-ins.
You are expected to participate in various AH cross functional leadership teams depending on yourdesires and competencies. Cross functional teams may include: Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Process Design, Compliance, Administration.
Each Stakeholder at AH is encouraged to participate in setting out their own performance metrics based on their abilities and contributions. Below are examples of performance metrics on which you will bemeasured for the purposes of profit sharing:
- Onboarding efficiency, measured by the speed at which we onboard new customers;
- Customer satisfaction, measured by customer surveysand referrals;
- Issue identification, measured by new services delivered;
- Timely deliverables from the professional teams, measured by on-time deliverables;
- Customer accountability,measured by the speed at which customers respond to such requests.
(Note: bookkeeping, tax, and accounting work is not a job requirement);
We offer a base salary which will vary widely depending on the ethos, experience, and fit of the candidate + sales commissions after 6–months + profit sharing after 1-year + on the job training. We offer a great medical and insurance benefits package after 3–months of employment, including an HSA and a wellness account. We welcome you to work in our South Calgary office, and we also provide great technology for working remotely.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- English (Required)