We are looking for an energetic, hardworking person to join our Accounting Department as a Payroll Clerk. Experience preferred but will train the right applicant.
This position for a Payroll/Accounting Assistant includes tracking, tabulating, recording and reporting time and attendance, payroll processing and reporting, government remittances, payroll related bank and ERP system entries, and reconciliation of payroll related accounts. Hours can vary according to need. Must be reliable and have good communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a pension plan and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Job Title: Payroll Clerk
Reports To: Controller
- Tracking, tabulating, recording and reporting time for hourly paid employees in Microsoft and VISTA payroll system
- Recording and reporting attendance records for hourly paid employees
- Process payroll using VISTA payroll system
- Prepare payroll analyses and reports as needed
- Prepare and file government remittances
- Reconcile payroll related accounts in our ERP system
- Payroll experience/education preferred
- Attention to detail required
- Attentive listener
- Able to work with others in a team environment
- Able to give firm clear directions
- Must be able to work extended hours if needed to complete deadlines
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Excel, Word and email
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/interpret information, and problem-solve
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be reliable with strict adherence to deadlines.
Application deadline: 2020-11-10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 protocols are in place.
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Payroll: 1 year (Required)