Walmart Logistics Hiring Event!
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020
Location: Regional Distribution Centre (RDC), 6800 Maritz Drive, Mississauga ON L5W 1W2, Mississauga, ON CA
What We're Hiring For
Distribution Centre Team Associate (Regional Distribution Centre)
Distribution Centre Team Associate (High Velocity Distribution Centre)
Age - 18 or older
What to wear
Dress code is Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable).
How to get to the event
Walmart Logistics Job Fair - Mississauga The Job Fair will be held in our Regional Distribution Centre's Parking Lot. There will be two tents - where our hiring team will be meeting applicants. Walmart will be hiring for a variety of positions. The roles will range from part-time, full-time, contract, and permanent. Free parking is available on site at the RDC. The Walmart Logistic Sign is at the Entrance of the building. Please follow the parking lot where the cars are located. *All COVID precautions are in place to ensure the safety of the staff and applicants*
About Walmart Logistics
Walmart is honoured to be one of Canada’s largest employers. And we continue growing, by adding more services, including online shopping at Walmart.ca, home delivery, and pickup at stores and other locations. Every day, we help move our country’s economy forward by working with more than 3,000 Canadian suppliers and service providers. We’re also creating jobs and opportunities for people of all backgrounds and helping strengthen communities across the country.
Walmart has grown to more than 90,000 associates who serve our customers with pride and commitment, either online or in one of our more than 400 stores nationwide. To find a store near you, visit Walmart.ca.
We’ve come a long way from that small discount store in Arkansas! Today, we have more than 11,000 retail units under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites in 10 countries. To find out more about Walmart locations around the world, please click here.
What is a Hiring Event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!
1. General Warehouse Duties including Load/Unload Trailers
2. Must be able to work Picking, Receiving and Shipping area as business dictates
3. Stock replenishing and restocking of inventory / customer product
4. Maintain order filling performance expectation of the job function while maintaining picking accuracy.
5. Adhering to all Operations policies and procedures.
6. Maintain associate related programs and procedures, including health and safety and housekeeping programs in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
7. Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 10 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
8. Operate carts, dollies, hand trucks, forklifts, order pickers, and other equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
9. Operate material handling equipment (MHE); we provide special training to associates based on interest and availability
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly up to 10 hours per day
Ability to have steel toed safety shoes/boots for first day
Other safety personal protective gear may be required as appropriate and will be provided