ETG Commodities Inc. is a fast-growing pulses and specialty crops company with over $250 million of revenue and over 300,000 MT of annual volume. ETG has three primary operating divisions: 1. Export Trade; 2. Import Wholesale, and; 3. Facility Operations. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, and has operating facilities in Ontario and Saskatchewan, including warehousing and processing plants, along with a large-scale splitting facility.
TW Commodities a division of ETG Commodities Inc. is looking for a Grain Buyer to join our team. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and within a team environment, demonstrates sound decision-making aptitude and will also be responsible for:
- Develop sourcing strategy through detailed analysis of sales forecast and inventory level.
- Collaborate with supply chain and production team to proactively identify supply plan and aligning the replenishment schedule as needed.
- Working with existing and developing overseas suppliers for various agricultural commodities and finished products.
- Closely working with quality department to establish product specification and ensure products meets quality specification.
- Participating in trade show to meet suppliers/ exploring new products and also visiting their factories for compliance audit.
- Cost reduction through the initiation and benchmarking process. This will include the potential re-sourcing of appropriate vendors, along with the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance with ETG Commodities Inc. Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
Employment Qualification and Requirements:
- College diploma in purchasing /supply chain; PMAC or APICS will be as asset.
- 5 plus years of experience in buying food products.
- 5 plus experience in inventory management /replenishment.
- Solid technical skills, experience with ERP based systems, and proficient in Office 365.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
Related keywords: buyer, purchasing, procurement, supply chain, purchaser
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- grain buying: 5 years (preferred)
- inventory management: 5 years (preferred)