Location: Lynn Valley- North Vancouver. Perfect for those who live on the North Shore.
CASUAL & Permanent POSITIONS AVAILABLE
We are looking for Cooks and Kitchen staff (Dietary Aides) to join our kitchen team at Lynn Valley Care Centre. The ideal candidates can do both.
Health and Dental available for full time candidates.
- Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas, determining ingredients and quantities required and assembling ingredients and equipment required for cooking.
- Plans preparation and cooking schedule
- Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items by methods/procedures such as roasting, frying, grilling steaming, poaching boiling, baking and bulk rethermalization; tests food items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
- Performs all duties in relation to the serving and distribution of food. Ensures that food is served in accordance with the dietary requirements of the residents.
- Strips, racks and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing machine; stacks clean dishes and utensils; sets, clears and cleans dining tables.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment and spot washing walls an splash areas; removes garbage as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CareCorp Seniors Services is a contracted services provider to the senior care community in complex care and assisted living settings, providing services including nursing, personal care & support, recreation, professional therapies, food services, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance.
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- WHIMS certificate.
- Food Safe certificate.
To mitigate the risk COVID-19 transmission among persons in our care, patients, residents and staff, an order under the Public Health Act was enacted to limit movement of staff between long-term care facilities.
While this order is in place, staff are limited to working in only one (1) private long-term care hospital (facility), licensed long-term care facility, registered assisted living facility, stand-alone extended care hospital, or provincial mental health facility.
This vacancy is located at Lynn Valley Care Centre and will be pursuant to this order. You will be required, at the time of hire, to declare that you are not working at any other facility contrary to his order.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $15.50-$20.00 per hour
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- North Vancouver, BC (Required)