Looking for Passionate Child Care Workers to join our team!
Ernest Cumberland Child Care
Hours of Work:
Full-time, Monday to Friday approximately 37.5 hours/week
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $20.25- $21.25 per hour
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA curriculum’s Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- RECEs must be registered with their governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration
- OR a student actively enrolled in an Early Childhood Education program
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations, including Covid-19
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.