Description in brief
As a member of Safari Niagara’s team, he/she must possess a commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results providing personal accountability in all his/her actions as a representative of Safari Niagara to fellow employees as well as members of the general public. The successful candidate must have experience working with a variety of large and small animals. Must also have a thorough understanding of dietary needs, enrichment requirements and basic care.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Must possess a certificate or diploma at the Community College level in an animal relate course of study or the equivalent training and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years Keeping experience working in a zoological collection or related field.
- Posses a thorough understanding of all species and their husbandry within the petting zoo.
- Posses an affable mannerism throughout the day.
- Possess the ability to perform daily husbandries required for each of the animals in the petting zoo on any given day according to the standards of the Animal Care Manager, OSPCA and CAZA.
- Report any indifference to the Area Head Keeper.
- Work closely with all Team members and the Area Head Keeper.
- Provide weekly reports to the Area Keeper on enclosure integrity, animal indifference and all other related issues.
- Create implement regular enrichment's for the animals with the petting zoo.
- Work according to policy and wear proper attire at the start of every shift.
- Be open and accept any additional changes and protocols associated with the petting zoo.
- Bring forth new ideas, issues or challenges for the betterment of the position as well as staff and animals in his/her care to the attention of the Area Keeper or Management.
Safari Niagara Service Philosophy
- Exceed all expectations of the general public and on a regular basis all positions share responsibility with all staff in the overall up keep and cleanliness of Safari Niagara property.
- Staff report directly to their specific Department Manager or Supervisor but could be requested to perform a task by another Manager at anytime.
- Guest Service Excellence is expected from all positions in the Safari Niagara family. A great attitude, proper uniform, pleasant demeanor. Professional representation, anticipating guest personal needs and offering assistance at all times.
- Safari Niagara’s Expectations are that all Team members arrive to work on time, ready to work and wearing a smile.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Keeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ontario Drivers License (Preferred)