Do you have a good sense of humour and like to laugh?
Do you love organization and systems?
Do you put ethics, quality legal work, and meaningful client relationship before all else?
If yes, then we are the team for you!
Sedai Law Office is a boutique immigration law firm in Surrey, BC. We are a progressive and evidence-based firm serving a wide variety of clients, many of whom are LGBTQ. You would be working with two other lawyers and five support staff.
We will encourage and support you in having a work-life balance, staying healthy, and having fun at work. You would likewise support others on staff, embrace that building a successful practice requires an investment of time, manage a heavy workload with tight deadlines, invest heavily in your continuing legal education, and engage with the immigration bar.
Remuneration and Location:
· Remuneration: percentage of billed and collected fees only.
· Benefits package from provider: disability and life insurance, medical, dental, mental health
· Benefits package in-house: 1) support for career; fitness, public speaking; 2) parking; 3) work-from-home up to 40% (depending on experience and performance)
· Professional fees and CPD allowance subject to collected fees.
· Office location: #403 - 15225 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3R 6Y8
· We are open to considering lawyers of all years of call and who have had experience in other areas of law because more than experience, it is the fit that is important to us. We would love to work with someone who is highly ethical, empathetic toward clients, open to learning our operational approach, energized by immigration law, and conscientious in their work.
· Licensed with the Law Society of BC
· Strong understanding of Law Society rules, especially relating to Trust accounting
· Technological competency and adept at Microsoft Suite programs
· Ideally, familiar with PCLaw
· Excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Well-organized and skilled in paying attention to detail
· Strong time management skills
· Must be willing to engage in marketing as you will be in large part (but not solely) responsible for building your practice.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Carriage of files in a broad range of immigration and citizenship matters including but not limited to Study Permits, Work Permits, Labour Market Impact Assessments, Provincial Nominations, Express Entry, Family Class, PR Card Renewals, Citizenship Grants, and Criminal Inadmissibility
· Constructively train and instruct staff
· Maintain positive client, co-worker, and third-party relations
· Marketing, both via social media and in-person within the bar and wider community so as to build client base.
· Public speaking in the legal and broader community
· Daily time keeping in PCLaw. Yes, we are a time-keeping firm – this is important to us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Meet and exceed Public Health Office recommendations: masks, disinfecting, social distancing, vaccinations.
- Do you wish to practice exclusively Canadian immigration law?
- Member good standing, Law Society of Canadian jurisdiction (required)